Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Pork and prawn wonton soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pork and prawn wonton soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pork and prawn wonton soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Could save you Money.
Until fairly recently anyone who portrayed concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has totally changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having difficulties, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the experts, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some adjustments. Each and every family should start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. Keep reading for some ways to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, particularly if they are not operating as effectively as they should. If you happen to be in the market for a new one, the good news is that compared with models from 10 or more years ago, they use about 60% less energy. Maintaining the temperature of the fridge at 37F, coupled with 0F for the freezer, will save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. You can certainly cut down how often the motor has to run by routinely cleaning the condenser, which will save on electricity.
From the above it really should be obvious that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Environmentally friendly living is not really that hard. It’s about being sensible, usually.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pork and prawn wonton soup recipe. You can have pork and prawn wonton soup using 33 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Pork and prawn wonton soup:
- You need of For the filling:.
- Get 500 g of mince pork – at least 10% to 20% fat content (or 250g pork belly minced mixed with 250g minced pork, (optional) this makes the filling more succulent).
- Prepare 7-8 of raw king prawns, minced.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of soy sauce (add more or less depending on preference).
- Get 2 tablespoons of fish sauce (nam pla, add more or less depending on preference).
- Get 1 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Shaoshing rice wine.
- Take 2 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2-3 slices of ginger, grated (use more or less depending on preference).
- Prepare 1-2 stalks of spring onion, finely chopped (add more or less depending on preference).
- Get To taste of fine salt (optional, if mixture needs slightly more seasoning).
- Provide 2 packets of wonton wrappers.
- Use 1/2 cup of water (to seal the wontons).
- Use of Flour for dusting wontons (if freezing wontons).
- You need of Microwave lid cover (to prevent wontons drying out).
- You need of For the soup:.
- Provide 3 tablespoon of cooking oil (to saute the ingredients).
- Use 1 of small white onion, finely sliced.
- Take 1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Get 1-2 of large ginger, slices.
- Prepare 2 stalks of spring onions, sliced in half.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of chicken stock (add more or less depending on preference).
- Provide 6 cups of water.
- You need 2 teaspoons of light soy sauce (add more or less depending on preference).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of sesame oil (add more or less depending on preference).
- Take 1/8 teaspoon of white ground pepper (add more or less depending on preference).
- You need of For garnish:.
- Take of Soup:.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of spring onions, finely sliced.
- You need of Chilli oil and black rice vinegar dressing:.
- Provide 1-2 teaspoons of garlic and sesame chilli oil (or any chilli oil of choice).
- Provide 1-2 teaspoons of light soy sauce (add more or less depending on preference).
- Take 1-2 teaspoons of black rice vinegar (add more or less depending on preference).
Steps to make Pork and prawn wonton soup:
- Place the minced pork in a large bowl. Add soy sauce, fish sauce, ground white pepper and shaoshing rice wine. Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly stirring in one direction with chopsticks..
- Wash the prawns, peel and remove the heads. With a knife, slit down the top center of the prawns to de-vein. Once all of the prawns have been de-veined, rinse under water..
- Roughly chop the prawns with a meat cleaver into a mince. Using a meat cleaver, pound the prawns to make a paste. Transfer to the mixing bowl with the mince pork and mix well together..
- Once the mixture is well incorporated and sticky, add the finely chopped spring onions, minced garlic and grated ginger to the mixing bowl. Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly..
- Transfer the mixture to a sealable food bag and set aside in fridge for an hour or overnight to marinade. When ready to use, take out the wonton mixture and place in a bowl. Tip: when ready to use mixture, in a small pan place a teaspoon of wonton mixture in there. On medium heat cook the mixture and taste. If more seasoning is required adjust as necessary (add more soy, white pepper or salt (optional) depending on preference)..
- Place the wonton wrappers on a plate and fill a small bowl with water. Dust a large plate with a small amount of flour, find a tall lid (like a microwave lid) that covers the plate along with a small board for making the wontons on. Tip: When not using, keep wonton wrappers covered with a tea towel or paper towel to prevent them drying out..
- For the ‘ruffled purse’ shape, place a wonton wrapper on the chopping board in a diamond orientation. Place one and a half teaspoons of wonton mixture in the middle of the wrapper. Fold the wrapper in half to form a triangular shape (see picture 2, the half does not perfectly join in the middle). Press and push out the air pockets and then wet the edges of the wontons..
- Pleat the top of the wonton, make between 3 to 5 pleats (depending on how ‘ruffled’ you want the wontons). Press the top of the pleats to seal tightly. Transfer to the lightly dusted plate and coat wontons with a tiny amount of flour, then cover with the microwave lid to prevent them drying out. Repeat steps 6 – 7 until all of the filling and wonton wrappers have been used..
- Once all of the wontons have been made, place the uncooked wontons to be frozen in airtight containers. This helps the wontons keep their shape when cooking and also adds to a better texture..
- For wonton soup, on medium heat, add cooking oil to the stockpot. Now add onions, garlic, ginger and spring onion stalks and sauté until soft. Add the chicken stock and water, bring to a boil, then add soy sauce, sesame oil and white pepper and stir. Reduce to medium low heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse..
- Turn the heat up to high and add the wontons. For fresh wontons cook for 4-5 minutes (not from frozen). For frozen wontons cook for 6-10 minutes, or until they
float, they should look like gorgeous golden nuggets! Sir occasionally, once wontons have cooked turn the heat off..
- Remove wontons from the stockpot with a slotted spoon and place in serving bowl. Ladle over the broth and garnish with the sliced tops of the spring onions. You can serve as a soup or with egg noodles..
- You can also serve wontons as a Dim Sum style side dish covered with spicy sauce. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the wontons for 4-5 minutes or until they float. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a serving bowl. Add one teaspoon each of chilli oil, soy sauce and black vinegar, garnish with sliced spring onions and mix..
If you find this Pork and prawn wonton soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.