Recipe of Award-winning Arroz Con Gandules
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Arroz Con Gandules recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Arroz Con Gandules recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Arroz Con Gandules recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that offer You Power.
Healthy eating helps bring about a feeling of well being. Increasing our consumption of sensible foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a role in a more balanced feeling. A bit of pizza will not make you feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s hard to find healthy foods for snacks between meals. Shopping for goodies can be a difficult task because you have so many options. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain meals are an superb choice for a fast balanced snack. A piece of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the morning. When you have to have a fast snack food on your way out the door, never forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Selecting whole grain food items is always far better than eating the processed grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
There are lots of healthy treats you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s easy to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to arroz con gandules recipe. You can have arroz con gandules using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Arroz Con Gandules:
- Prepare of long grain white rice.
- Get of water.
- Get of Pigeon Peas(gandules).
- Get of bacon,ham,vienna sausage, or pork fat (your choice).
- Get of onion.
- Provide of green or red peppper (chopped).
- Take of garlic.
- Use of olives.
- Prepare of Sofrito GOYA.
- Use of Recaito GOYA.
- Provide of tomato sauce.
- Use of Sazon GOYA.
- Prepare of Chicken Buillon (knorr).
- Take of cumin.
- Provide of salt to taste.
- Get of bay leave.
Steps to make Arroz Con Gandules:
- Make sure to use a CALDERO (aluminum cauldron) when you are making arroz con gandules. With this kind of pot, rice comes out best..
- First begin by heating up the CALDERO on medium high heat. Once it is hot enough you can start by adding oil,that is only if the meat that you are using does not let off alot of oil by itself..
- Once hot enough you can add the meat. I prefer using bacon, since it lets off alot of fat or pork fat. Let the meat get nice and crispy for about 5 minutes. Make sure to mix so that it wont burn or stick to the pot!.
- Then add onion,green pepper, red pepper or both. Dont forget olives, as many as you want and if you do not like them just keep them out. The 2 cloves of garlic, (which is best to smash with a PILON, but a food processor or simply chopping the garlic will also work) Keep mixing all ingredients..
- As the ingredients cook together and the vegetables become translucent you can begin adding the 1/2 can of tomato sauce, the sofrito and recaito (which I always buy from the frozen area instead of the ones that come in a jar…Or make it fresh at home).
- Open the can of GOYA gandules and add to pot. You can choose to keep the water from the can or simply throw out. I keep it just because it already has salt and flavor to it..
- Now begin adding the spices. Envelope of sazon, a dash of cumin(not to much) and salt..
- Add bay leave and let that all come to a simmer..
- Now add the rice and mix so that the rice obsorbs the flavors. Just make sure it does not burn..
- Continue by adding the water. You will need to add the chicken buillon just to give it flavor or salt and pepper. I always taste the water to see if it needs salt. Mix only once when you add the flavor to the water. After that do not mix anymore or the rice will come out AMOGOYAO (sticky) And that is not what we want..
- Let the water boil on the medium heat and once the water disappears you can turn down the heat to low, and put the top on the pot and let cook for about 20-30 minutes..
- Ya Estaa !!!! ( It is ready) Arroz con gandules goes great with pernil, POTATO SALAD, jibarito, pasteles, tostones etc… Whatever you like. ENJOY.
If you find this Arroz Con Gandules recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.