Recipe of Perfect Swiss Chard Tart
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Swiss Chard Tart recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Swiss Chard Tart recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Spending less In The Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the environment. That’s a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living more eco-friendly we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. Each and every family ought to start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. Here are a few tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your cooking area more green.
Perhaps the food isn’t quite as good when cooked in the microwave, nevertheless it will save you money to use it over your oven. The energy used by cooking in an oven is greater by 75%, and perhaps this little bit of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. Countertop appliances will certainly boil water or steam vegetables more quickly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You would be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned way, but you would be wrong. Particularly if you make certain the dishwasher is full previous to starting a cycle. Don’t dry the dishes with heat, use the cool dry or air dry features to increase the money you save.
As you can see, there are lots of little items that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. It is reasonably straightforward to live green, after all. It’s related to being sensible, usually.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to swiss chard tart recipe. To cook swiss chard tart you only need 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Swiss Chard Tart:
- Prepare of here is a link for a great tart dough recipe…. http://www.williams-sonoma.com/m/recipe/basic-tart-dough.html.
- Provide of Swiss chard.
- Get of onion finely chopped.
- Use of lemon.
- Use of egg beaten.
- Take of half n half.
- Use of white cheddar cheese shredded.
- Use of chopped parsley.
- You need of garlic clove minced.
- Get of salt to taste.
- Provide of pepper.
- Provide of olive oil.
Instructions to make Swiss Chard Tart:
- Prepare tart dough recipe, it Doesnt have to be the link I provided. Just make sure your dough goes into a spring form pan. It will be so much easier to cut and serve. A tart pan is fine as well. If you can find frozen tart shells, by all means give it a go..
- Prepare your swiss chard…Wash and chop the leaves. Chop the stems into finer pieces and put in separate bowls. Set aside..
- In a large sautee pan, add onions and swiss chard stems to oil and cook for about 10 min until softened. Add garlic and cook for just 30 seconds..
- Add swiss chard leaves, salt to taste, pepper and the juice of half the lemon. Watch out for those seeds! Cook for about 5 min..
- Remove from heat and let cool. Drain any excess liquid from swiss chard mix through a strainer..
- To a food processor, add swiss chard mix, 1 beaten egg, parmesan, shredded cheese, and half and half. Pulse a few times to incorporate. You still want it somewhat chunky. I've omitted this step of the food processor before and it was still great, just more texture was in the tart. You could combine everything with a spoon or by hand..
- Pour mix into prepared crust and bake for 45 to 50 min at 350°F..
- When the tart comes out it should be set, top with a sprinkle of more cheddar if you'd like. Makes it look pretty. Let cool for about 15 min before removing the sides of a spring form pan and slicing into. Pie like cuts is the suggested serving. Serve with extra lemon wedges on the side to drizzle over..
If you find this Swiss Chard Tart recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.