Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Super simple congee (Chinese rice porridge) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Super simple congee (Chinese rice porridge) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Super simple congee (Chinese rice porridge) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Will Save You Money.
Until fairly recently any individual who expressed concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has fully changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living more eco-friendly we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. This needs to happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. Continue reading for some methods to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
Begin with changing the light bulbs. Of course you shouldn’t confine this to just the kitchen area. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are usually energy-savers, and you should use them in place of incandescent lights. Although costing a little more initially, these types of bulbs last as long as ten of the traditional type as well as using a lot less energy. One of the pluses is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it means that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will end up at a landfill site. You also have to obtain the practice of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a place. In the kitchen is where you’ll frequently discover members of a family, and often the lights may not be turned off until the last person goes to bed. Obviously this also happens in different rooms, not merely the kitchen. Do an exercise if you like; have a look at how much electricity you can save by turning the lights off whenever you don’t need them.
As you can see, there are many little elements that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. It is quite easy to live green, all things considered. Largely, all it requires is a little common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to super simple congee (chinese rice porridge) recipe. To make super simple congee (chinese rice porridge) you need 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Super simple congee (Chinese rice porridge):
- Get 1/2 cup of jasmine rice.
- Prepare 4 1/2 cups of water.
- Take 1 of oxo cube.
- Prepare of Spring onion.
- Prepare 100 g of spam (half a small can of spam).
- You need of Pepper (optional).
- Take of Magi (optional).
Steps to make Super simple congee (Chinese rice porridge):
- Put the rice, water and crush an oxo stock cube into a sauce pan and heat it up..
- Once the water is boiling, lower the heat and simmer for about 20-30 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid it sticking to the bottom of the pan..
- While the main congee is cooking, you can chop the spring onion and cut the spam into small logs..
- Fry up the spam in a separate frying pan. You don’t have to have spam, you can use any other meat that you’d like..
- After about 20-30 minutes of simmering the rice. It should have expanded and taken up more space in the sauce pan. The longer you leave it, the less watery it’ll look. When it gets to your desired consistency, you can ladle some out, add pepper, Magi spicy soy sauce, spring onion and the fried spam and it’s ready to eat..
- When you go back for seconds, or have left it for the next meal, the rice will more than likely expand even more. You can add a little more water to loosen it up and heat it up again..
If you find this Super simple congee (Chinese rice porridge) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.