Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Indian-Style Vegetarian Fried Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Indian-Style Vegetarian Fried Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green And Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any individual who expressed concern about the wreckage of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has fully changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living more green we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. Each and every family must start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. The kitchen is a good starting point saving energy by going more green.
Begin with replacing the bulbs. Do this for the entire house, not only the kitchen. The normal light bulbs are the incandescent type, which must be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. They cost a small amount more in the beginning, but they last ten times longer, and use a lesser amount of electricity. Changing the light bulbs would likely keep plenty of bulbs out of the landfills, and that is good. You also have to acquire the habit of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a room. The family spends considerable time in the kitchen area, and how often does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. And it’s not limited to the kitchen, it goes on in other parts of the house also. Make a practice of having the lights on only when they are needed, and you’ll be astonished at the amount of electricity you save.
From the above it should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is quite easy to live green, of course. Largely, all it requires is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to indian-style vegetarian fried rice recipe. You can cook indian-style vegetarian fried rice using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Indian-Style Vegetarian Fried Rice:
- Provide 3 cup of basmati rice, uncooked.
- Take 3 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 2 of large carrots, diced.
- You need 1 tbsp of black mustard seed.
- Use 1/2 cup of peanuts.
- Take 1/2 cup of cashew nuts, bits and halves.
- You need 1/2 cup of moong dal.
- You need 1/2 cup of desi channa dal.
- You need 3 of Indian red chilis, dried and broken up.
- Use 2 of medium Indian green chilis.
- Take 2 of small Indian green chilis.
- Provide 2 tsp of salt.
- Use 1 handful of curry leaves, chiffonade.
- Take 1 tbsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Use 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Provide 1 tbsp of asafoetida.
- Use 1 tsp of cardamon pods, green and bruised.
- Provide 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Get 1 cup of green peas.
- Get 2 handfuls of cilantro, chopped.
Instructions to make Indian-Style Vegetarian Fried Rice:
- OK, cook the basmati rice. It's two to 1, people. Two cups water for every cup of basmati. So, 3 cups rice means 6 cups water, equaling 6 cups cooked. Set aside in open air to cool and dry a bit..
- Melt the 3 tablespoons of coconut oil into a large wok on low. If you don't have one, you should get one as it is super versatile pan..
- Toss in the carrots and mustard seeds, and let that simmer until the seeds start to crackle a little..
- Ok, now toss in the nuts and dals. Let those toast (not burn; be careful) stirring intermittently another 5 minutes, and then toss in the chilis and salt..
- Now let's make it interesting and add the curry leaves, turmeric, cumin, ginger, asafoetida, and bruised green cardamon. Note: Curry powder is a totally different thing; don't use it here. Also Note: Cardamon pods are barely edible, so you may want to pick them out after they've simmered a while, if that's the way you roll. Simmer for a couple of minutes..
- Now add in the ghee and peas and simmer for another 3 minutes or so..
- Mix in the rice! Try to get it mixed thoroughly with gentle hands and only as much as necessary. You aren't out to make rice paste..
- Now add in the cilantro (gentle hands), add more salt as needed to taste, and serve. Note: In fried rice, salt has a way of taking a few minutes to really bloom. As such, you may accidentally add more salt when you should have waited a moment for it to integrate, thereby making it salty. Don't be that guy; be patient..
If you find this Indian-Style Vegetarian Fried Rice recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.