Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Quick Chinese Scallion Pancake (葱油饼) (cōng yóu bǐng)
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chinese Scallion Pancake (葱油饼) (cōng yóu bǐng) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chinese Scallion Pancake (葱油饼) (cōng yóu bǐng) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Could save you Dollars.
Remember when the only men and women who cared about the environment were tree huggers and hippies? Those days are over, and it seems we all comprehend our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. The experts are agreed that we are unable to change things for the better without everyone’s active involvement. These types of modifications need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, primarily by making your kitchen area more green.
A large amount of electricity is definitely consumed by freezers and also refrigerators, and it’s even worse if they are working inefficiently. When you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old versions that happen to be more than ten years old. The suitable temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving energy and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F and also 0F. An additional way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, due to the fact that the motor won’t have to go as often.
From the above it should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are lots of little opportunities for saving energy and money. Green living just isn’t that difficult. A lot of it truly is merely utilizing common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chinese scallion pancake (葱油饼) (cōng yóu bǐng) recipe. You can have chinese scallion pancake (葱油饼) (cōng yóu bǐng) using 7 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chinese Scallion Pancake (葱油饼) (cōng yóu bǐng):
- Prepare 4 cups of flour.
- Use of Extra flour.
- Provide 2 cups of cold water.
- Get 1 cup of hot water.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Get of Vegetable oil.
- Take 3 bundles of green onion/scallion.
Steps to make Chinese Scallion Pancake (葱油饼) (cōng yóu bǐng):
- Mix the cold water and hot water together to create warm/lukewarm water. Mix this water slowly with the flour in a bowl and mix to create a wet dough. It should look shaggy and is a little bit sticky to the touch..
- Once the flour is fully incorporated and there isn’t any dry spots or wet spots, form into a ball and rest in a bowl. Cover the bowl with a damp towel to keep it moist while you let it rise a little. Let it sit in room temperature for about 30 minutes..
- While the dough rests, cut the green onion. Cut into thin slices..
- Once the dough is rested, remove and place on a flour dusted workspace. Begin kneading the dough. This dough will take in a lot of flour so take extra flour and continue to dust, kneading and massaging until it isn’t sticky to the touch anymore..
- On a flour dusted work surface, begin to roll the dough out into a nice round shape, ensuring that it is evenly flattened out. Make sure both sides of the dough are nicely floured so it doesn’t stick to the table or the rolling pin..
- Sprinkle a generous amount of salt and oil over the surface of the dough. You can use your hand to spread the oil evenly or fold the dough over lightly and “squish” the two together to evenly distribute the oil and salt. Return dough to the rough shape..
- Cover the surface of the dough with a generous amount of green onions..
- Roll the dough, just like you would a cinnamon bun. Roll tightly..
- Cut the log into evenly sized pieces..
- Optional: pinch and squeeze the ends of each piece closed..
- Generously flour both sides of the piece and place the cut side on the table. Flatten each piece into a large and thin circle, just like a pancake, but larger and thinner. Continually flour both sides so that it doesn’t stick. The flour also helps the roll not open up, but rather stick back together..
- Once it is rolled out nice and thin (as thin as you can get it, but not crazy thin), you’re ready to cook it..
- Place the pancake on a hot oiled frying pan on medium to medium high heat and cook eat side until nice and crisp and browned..
- It’s ready to eat as soon as it comes off the frying pan. You can keep it whole and people can just tear it up when eating it, or you can cut it into quarter slices. Enjoy! This goes really well with other dishes, but some people eat this as a main dish. My family eats this as a side dish..
If you find this Chinese Scallion Pancake (葱油饼) (cōng yóu bǐng) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.