Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cornish Pasties recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cornish Pasties recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green And Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently anyone who expressed concern about the wreckage of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has totally changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living more green we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. Each and every family must start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. Continue reading for some ways to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, especially if they are not running as effectively as they should. If you happen to be in the market for a new one, the good news is that compared with models from 10 or more years ago, they use about 60% less electrical power. The proper temperature for food is 37F inside the fridge and 0F in the freezer, and sticking to these will use less electricity. One more way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, because the motor won’t have to run as often.
The kitchen on its own offers you many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. Eco-friendly living is not that tough. A lot of it is merely using common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cornish pasties recipe. You can have cornish pasties using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Cornish Pasties:
- Prepare of For the pastry.
- Prepare of strong white flour.
- You need of lard or white shortening.
- Provide of butter.
- Use of salt.
- Provide of cold water.
- Provide of For the filling.
- Provide of beef skirt, diced.
- Take of potato diced.
- You need of swede diced.
- Prepare of onion sliced.
- Take of Salt and pepper.
- Use of Egg beaten for glaze.
Instructions to make Cornish Pasties:
- Add flour, lard, butter and salt. Rub in the butter and lard until the mixture is like breadcrumbs..
- Add the cold water and mix into a dough. Knead until the dough is elastic..
- Wrap dough in cling film and place a fridge for 3 hours. This is important to allow the dough to firm up so that it can be rolled..
- To a small amount of flour add the salt and pepper. Toss the beef in the flour, salt and pepper mix. This helps retain the juices from the meat..
- Dice the potato, swede an onion. And mix together..
- Split the dough into portions. Rollout a portion and cut into a circle approximately 20cm in diameter. A side plate is ideal for this..
- Lay a portion of vegetables onto the pastry and cover with a portion of beef..
- Moistened the lower half edge of the pastry and fold the top half down, pressing the edges together..
- Do not be tempted to over fill the pasty. If you do so you will not have the pastry available to crimp properly. I did it with the first one. it always takes me one to workout how much filling to use..
- Crimp the edge..
- Place into a greased tray. Wash with the mixed egg..
- You may want to use a sharp knife to make small vent hole in the middle of the pasties. This will stop any juices spilling out..
- Cook in an oven at gas 4/180c/160c fan for 50 minutes until golden brown..
- Enjoy hot or cold..
If you find this Cornish Pasties recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.