Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Gaeng kiew wan gai recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Gaeng kiew wan gai recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Gaeng kiew wan gai recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Choosing to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a lot of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
One way to address this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not need to change everything right away or that you should altogether get rid of certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make considerable changes, but the most crucial thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating choices. Soon enough, you will find that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Like many other habits, change happens over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to gaeng kiew wan gai recipe. To cook gaeng kiew wan gai you only need 25 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Gaeng kiew wan gai:
- Use 500 g of chicken breast.
- You need 1 cup of light coconut milk (or ¼ cup thick coconut milk diluted with ¾ cup water, for simmering chicken).
- Provide 1 cup of thick coconut milk.
- Take 3 1/2 of light coconut milk (or 1½ cups thick coconut milk diluted with 2 cups of water).
- Provide 1 cup of pea eggplants (stems removed, or Thai eggplants).
- You need 3 of kaffir lime leaves (shredded).
- Take 1/2 cup of Thai basil leaves.
- Get 3 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of palm sugar.
- Take 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Provide 2 of spur chillies (sliced diagonally).
- Provide of curry paste (pound all ingredients together).
- Get 15 of green bird's eye chillies (stems removed, reduce chillies to reduce spiciness).
- Prepare 4 of green spur chillies (chopped coarsely).
- Use 1 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1/2 of shallot (peeled, chopped finely).
- Take 2 tbsp of garlic (chopped finely).
- Use 1/2 tsp of galangal (chopped finely).
- Use 1 1/2 tbsp of lemongrass (chopped finely).
- You need 1/2 tbsp of kaffir lime zest (chopped finely).
- Take 1/2 tbsp of coriander roots (chopped finely).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander seed (roasted, grounded to powder).
- Get 1/2 tsp of pepper (grounded).
- Use 1 tsp of cumin (roasted, grounded to powder).
- Use 1 tsp of shrimp paste.
Instructions to make Gaeng kiew wan gai:
- Clean the chicken and pat dry with paper towel. Slice vertically into thin slices. Add 1 cup light coconut milk into a pot and bring to boil. Add chicken and reduce the heat to simmer the chicken until meat is tender. Dish out the chicken and set aside..
- Add the vegetable oil into a pan and heat over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the curry paste and stir-fry until fragrant. Slowly add ½ cup of thick coconut milk and stir-fry until fragrant. Add chicken to the pan and stir-fry to evenly coat chicken in the curry paste. Remove pan from heat..
- Transfer curry and chicken into a large pot and heat over medium heat. Add in 3½ cups light coconut milk and kaffir lime leaves. Bring to boil then add fish sauce and sugar..
- Add pea eggplant and make sure they are submerged in the curry. Continue cooking until eggplant is cooked through, then add the remaining ½ cup thick coconut milk. Bring to boil and add Thai basil leaves and red spur chillies..
- Taste the curry and adjust the spiciness to your liking. If the curry is too spicy, add some coconut milk to bring down the heat level. Turn off the heat and remove from the stove. Dish out the curry into a bowl and garnish with Thai basil leaves. Enjoy with steamed rice or rice noodles. NOTES When cooking the chicken, make sure the thin coconut milk is boiling before adding the chicken meat. This will tenderise the meat and remove any foul smell. The thin coconut milk that was used to boil th.
If you find this Gaeng kiew wan gai recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.