Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Easy Berry Crumble/ Crisp/ Cobbler-Type Thing with Cereal Streusel Topping recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Easy Berry Crumble/ Crisp/ Cobbler-Type Thing with Cereal Streusel Topping recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Berry Crumble/ Crisp/ Cobbler-Type Thing with Cereal Streusel Topping recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Making the decision to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are suffering from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. While we’re always being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making a couple of minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically alter your eating habits. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will find that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate in the past.
Obviously, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy berry crumble/ crisp/ cobbler-type thing with cereal streusel topping recipe. To cook easy berry crumble/ crisp/ cobbler-type thing with cereal streusel topping you only need 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Easy Berry Crumble/ Crisp/ Cobbler-Type Thing with Cereal Streusel Topping:
- You need of For streusel topping:.
- Use 1 cup of cereal with flakes (if it's got dried fruits and nuts, even better!) Granola and muesli work, too.
- Get 1 stick (8 Tablespoons) of butter, cut into 1/2" cubes.
- Prepare 3/4 cups of packed brown sugar (light or dark ok).
- Get 1/2 cup of AP flour.
- Use 1/8-1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt, depending on how much you like that sweet-salty contrast in your desserts.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Get of Berry filling:.
- Take 1.5-2 of lbs. berries, washed and drained. Most kinds can be left whole, strawberries should be halved/ quartered depending on size.
- Get 1.5-2 Tablespoons of flour or corn starch.
- Use 1-3 Tablespoons of sugar, depending on how tart your berries are and how sweet you want your filling.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Get 1 Tablespoon of water for each 1/2 pound of berries.
Steps to make Easy Berry Crumble/ Crisp/ Cobbler-Type Thing with Cereal Streusel Topping:
- In a large mixing bowl, throw in all the streusel topping ingredients, making sure to distribute the salt and cinnamon as evenly as you can across the mixture. Leaving the cereal off to one side, use your fingers in a milking motion to incorporate the butter, brown sugar and flour together until you have pea-sized clumps..
- Add the cereal in and gently massage to evenly incorporate it throughout the butter/sugar/flour paste. Put in a container and refrigerate for at least 20 to 25 minutes to allow the butter to harden again before baking. If you're going to bake fairly immediately, put the streusel mixture in the freezer for a good 10 to 15 minutes before baking..
- Preheat the oven to 400F (This usually takes anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the oven)..
- Prepare the berries by gently tossing them in a large bowl with the flour or corn starch and sugar to evenly distribute the flour and sugar and to coat each berry thoroughly..
- Pour the berry mixture into a baking dish that is at least large enough in surface area to allow you to spread the berries in a roughly 2-inch layer. Then spoon the appropriate amount of water over the top of the fruit mixture. The reason I suggest the water be added after the fruit is mixed with the flour or starch and sugar is to avoid too much clumping..
- Top the berries with a roughly 2/3-inch layer of streusel topping and bake for roughly 25 minutes, or until the streusel topping is baked through to a dark golden brown. Not to worry if your baking dish is so large that the berries would spread out more thinly. Just gather them toward the center to make a roughly 2-inch thick mound. It's called a crumble. How precise could it be, right? :D.
- Cool for 10 minutes or so and serve a heaping scoopful with a slightly less heaping scoopful of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on top. Enjoy! :).
- P.S. Leftovers go great with your morning yogurt. ;).
If you find this Easy Berry Crumble/ Crisp/ Cobbler-Type Thing with Cereal Streusel Topping recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.