Simple Way to Make Super Quick Homemade Peas and gravy (or peas in a roux)
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Peas and gravy (or peas in a roux) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Peas and gravy (or peas in a roux) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Peas and gravy (or peas in a roux) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Can save you Cash.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the ecosystem. Those days are over, and it appears we all recognize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living more green we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. Each and every family should start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. The kitchen area is a good starting point saving energy by going more green.
Changing light bulbs is actually as good an area get started on as any. This will certainly go outside of the kitchen, nevertheless that is okay. You really need to change your incandescent lights by using energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. Although costing a little more in the beginning, these bulbs last as long as ten of the conventional type as well as using a lot less energy. Changing the light bulbs would keep a great deal of bulbs out of the landfills, and that is good. You also have to get the routine of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a area. The family spends major time in the kitchen area, and how often does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. Of course this also happens in different rooms, not just the kitchen. Try keeping the lights off if you don’t absolutely need them, and notice exactly how much electricity you can save.
From the above it should be obvious that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are lots of little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is quite easy to live green, all things considered. It’s concerning being practical, more often than not.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to peas and gravy (or peas in a roux) recipe. To make peas and gravy (or peas in a roux) you only need 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Peas and gravy (or peas in a roux):
- Get of all-purpose flour.
- Get of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of peas.
- Get of pork stew meat.
- Take of onion.
- Use of celery stocks.
- Provide of green bell pepper.
- Take of salt.
- Provide of pepper.
- You need of water.
- You need of beef broth.
Steps to make Peas and gravy (or peas in a roux):
- Dice vegetables and set aside..
- Now you're gonna make a roux. Pour half a cup of vegetable oil into a large pot. Heat over medium high for about 2 minutes..
- Lower heat to medium. Pour in half cup of flour. Add more of necessary. The roux needs to look like a thin watery paste..
- Stir constantly until roux is a very dark brown. While stirring be sure to scrape bottom of pot. If it stops moving for too long it'll burn. It'll look thicker as it cooks..
- Once roux is dark enough add vegetables. Stir constantly for about 2 minutes..
- Next add beef broth..
- Add stew meat. You can chop it into small pieces first of you prefer..
- Add 2 cups of water..
- Cook for about half an hour..
- Add peas..
- Add 2 more cups of water..
- Season to taste. Cook on medium heat for an hour..
- Lower heat and continue cooking for another 45 minutes or until gravy has thickened. It will still be watery when it's done. Not thick like actual gravy..
- Serve over rice..
If you find this Peas and gravy (or peas in a roux) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.