Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Lemon Sheet Cake with Lemon Glaze recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lemon Sheet Cake with Lemon Glaze recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lemon Sheet Cake with Lemon Glaze recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Discover How to Elevate Your Mood with Food.
Most of us have been taught to believe that comfort foods are not good and should be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be utterly healthy and good for us to eat. There are some foods that really can boost your moods when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
Put together a trail mixfrom different seeds and nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera are all fantastic for helping to boost your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have a lot of magnesium which boosts your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is referred to as the “feel good” substance that our body produces and it tells your brain how you should be feeling at all times. The more serotonin in your brain, the better you’ll feel. Not just that but nuts, in particular, are a great source of protein.
You can see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are bad for you so you can feel better! Try a few of these suggestions instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lemon sheet cake with lemon glaze recipe. To cook lemon sheet cake with lemon glaze you only need 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Lemon Sheet Cake with Lemon Glaze:
- Take of Cake Batter:.
- Take 2 cups of + 2 tbsp. all purpose flour.
- Get 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- Use 1 1/2 tsp. of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of baking soda.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 4 tbsp. of lemon zest (from 5-6 large lemons).
- Use 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 2 large lemons).
- Get 3/4 cup of plain, full fat Greek yogurt, at room temperature.
- Use 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- Provide 3 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- You need 1 of large egg yolk, at room temperature.
- Prepare of Lemon Glaze:.
- Provide 2 cups of confectioners sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Instructions to make Lemon Sheet Cake with Lemon Glaze:
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Spray a 9×13" baking pan with non-stick baking spray and set it aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt, then set that aside. In a small bowl or a measuring cup, whisk together the lemon juice, yogurt and vanilla extract and set it aside..
- In a large bowl, use either a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a hand mixer to beat the sugar and lemon zest together on medium speed for about a minute, until the sugar has moistened and is fragrant. Then beat in the butter for 2-3 minutes, until the color lightens and it becomes fluffy. Add the eggs and egg yolk one at a time, beating between each addition. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed..
- On low speed, add in 1/3 of the flour mixture, mix until mostly combined, then mix in 1/2 of the yogurt mixture. Then another 1/3 of flour mixture mixed in, followed by the rest of the yogurt mixture. End with mixing in the remaining flour mixture until it's all just incorporated. Then transfer the batter to the pan and smooth it out..
- Bake for 23-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. While its baking, make the glaze. In a medium bowl, whisk together the confectioners sugar and lemon juice until smooth. It should be thick, but with a pourable consistency. Set it aside until the cake is done baking..
- As soon as the cake is finished and you take it out of the oven, pour the glaze evenly over the hot cake and smooth it out gently. Then allow the cake to cool in the pan on a wire rack until cooled and the glaze has set (about a hour). Then slice it into squares with a sharp knife (for clean cuts, wipe the knife in between cuts). Store leftover cake tightly covered at room temperature..
The Exact Texture of This Lemon Pound Cake. Today's recipe has the same wake-up-your-tastebuds flavor as my cookbook variation, but the texture is completely different. This lemon sheet cake is incredibly soft, moist, and very delicious, even though it's completely oil-free! The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and very easy to make. Edible flowers are a simple, yet stunning addition to this bright and beautiful plate.
If you find this Lemon Sheet Cake with Lemon Glaze recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.