Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mum’s Irish Apple cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mum’s Irish Apple cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make Your Mood Better.
In general, people have been taught to think that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and have to be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be completely healthy and it’s good for you to consume them. Several foods really do raise your mood when you eat them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
Green tea is fantastic for moods. You were just waiting to read that, weren’t you? Green tea is rich in a certain amino acid called L-theanine. Studies show that this particular amino acid can essentially induce brain waves. This helps improve your mental energy while at the same time making the rest of your body more relaxed. You already knew green tea could help you feel better. Now you know that applies to your mood also!
As you can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are bad for you to feel better! Try some of these tips instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mum’s irish apple cake recipe. You can have mum’s irish apple cake using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mum’s Irish Apple cake:
- Prepare of For the strudel topping.
- Take 3/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of oats.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 6 tablespoon of cold butter.
- You need of Cake part.
- Take 1/2 cup of butter.
- Use 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Provide 2 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Use 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Use 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Get 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 3 tablespoon of milk.
- Provide 3 of Granny Smith Apple peeled and thinly sliced.
Steps to make Mum’s Irish Apple cake:
- Pre heat over 350.
- For streusel mix everything but butter, then with your hand squeeze butter in mix until it gets crumble like set aside.
- For cake cream butter sugar together until fluffy add vanilla then eggs one by one.
- Separate bowl add flour baking powder cinnamon and salt fold into wet ingredients add milk.
- Put into a buttered 9 inch pan. Lay sliced apples evenly cover with streusel topping bake for 60 minutes or brown and crisp let cool serve with dusting of powdered sugar.
I want to keep this Irish apple cake all to myself…it is just that good! It's everything you'd imagine it to be and more. It's not overly sweet like many cakes can be, it has just a nice depth of sweetness which pairs well with slight tartness of the granny smith apples leaving them room to shine. This Irish apple cake is like a spice cake with the extra addition of juicey apples! In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
If you find this Mum’s Irish Apple cake recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.