How to Make Quick Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green And Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently anyone who indicated concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living a lot more green we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. These kinds of changes need to start happening, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Continue reading for some methods to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
You may well prefer preparing food with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you a lot less money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is definitely greater by 75%, and perhaps this small amount of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When it comes to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save a great deal of electrical power and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You might reckon that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, but that is not true. You get the greatest energy savings by fully loading the dishwasher just before commencing a wash cycle. Don’t dry the dishes using heat, use the cool dry or air dry options to increase the money you save.
From the above it really should be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Natural living is something we can all do, without difficulty. It’s about being practical, usually.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kale, sausage & leftover mashed potato soup recipe. To cook kale, sausage & leftover mashed potato soup you need 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup:
- Use of medium onion, chopped.
- Provide of large stem celery, chopped.
- Use of medium carrots, cut into 1/4" thick discs (or however you like to chop carrots for soup).
- Provide of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- Provide of oil.
- Get of kale, washed well, stems removed, and rough chopped.
- Prepare of optional: 4 cups arugula or spinach (I just happened to have arugula that needed to get used up).
- Provide of unsalted liquid (water or broth of choice).
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of sausage, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Use of tomatoes, chopped or one 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (I just happened to have fresh ones that were starting to get wrinkly…).
- Get of bay leaf.
- Use of oregano.
- Use of pepper.
- You need of leftover mashed potatoes.
Instructions to make Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup:
- In a 4 to 5 quart pot, bring 1/2 Tablespoon oil up to medium heat and sweat onions, carrots, celery, and garlic until onions start to turn translucent. (About 3 minutes or so.).
- Add kale, arugula, liquid, salt, and cook, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Once kale has wilted, add tomatoes, sausage, bay, and oregano and cook, COVERED, for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add mashed potatoes and cook COVERED again for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Before the last 10 minutes of cooking, adjust seasoning if needed..
- Enjoy! :).
If you find this Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.