Simple Way to Prepare Ultimate Key Lime Velvet Cake
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Key Lime Velvet Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Key Lime Velvet Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make You Happy.
Most of us have been conditioned to think that comfort foods are terrible and should be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this is true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be completely healthy and it’s good for you to eat them. There are a number of foods that, when you eat them, may better your mood. If you feel a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Make some trail mix of nuts or seeds. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc are all wonderful for raising your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have plenty of magnesium which raises your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is called the “feel good” chemical and it tells your brain how you should be feeling all the time. The higher your serotonin levels, the happier you will feel. Not only that but nuts, in particular, are a great protein source.
So you see, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you want to feel better! Try these suggestions instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to key lime velvet cake recipe. You can cook key lime velvet cake using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Key Lime Velvet Cake:
- Use 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Provide 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Provide 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter, softened.
- Get 2 of large eggs.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Take 1 of and 1/2 tsp key lime zest.
- Provide 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of white vinegar/apple cider vinegar.
- Get 3 tbsp of key lime juice + 1 tbsp hot water, mixed.
- Use of Afew drops yellow food colouring, optional.
Instructions to make Key Lime Velvet Cake:
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and whisk to combine..
- In a seperate mixing bowl, add in the sugar, butter and oil and whisk till thoroughly combined..
- Next, add in the eggs and whisk again until a thick smooth mixture forms..
- Then, add in the lime zest, vanilla, vinegar and food colouring and whisk again to combine..
- Next, add in the dry ingredients and buttermilk, alternating, beginning with the dry ingredients. With a spatula, fold in after each addition..
- Finally, add in the lime juice and with the spatula lightly fold it in, making sure to have a smooth, airy batter at the end without overmixing..
- Pour the batter into a 7 inch round cake pan (for a tall cake) that has been lined with parchment paper and greased around the sides..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees fahrenheit on the center rack for about 35 minutes..
- The cake is ready when the top is still soft but set and is golden brown around the edges. Do the toothpick test as well..
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then take it out. Dust with powdered sugar and lime zest if desired and serve preferably warm. Enjoy!.
The cake is moist, light and lovely. Earthquake Cake starts with a box of german chocolate cake mix, then add in coconut, chocolate chips, pecans, and a yummy cream cheese swirl! White Velvet Cake – developed from an outstanding Red Velvet Cake recipe, this white cake is a perfectly. Prepare Key Lime Glace, and immediately brush over top and sides of cake. just made the key lime pound cake. I followed directions and mine turned out awful! it fell, it was heavy, it seemed to I think Duncan Hines makes a Red Velvet Cake mix…use that, then buy a cheesecake, but you'd have to.
If you find this Key Lime Velvet Cake recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.