Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Southern Fried Cornbread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southern Fried Cornbread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that give You Power.
We are all aware that having healthy snacks can help us really feel better in our bodies. Increasing our consumption of well balanced meals while reducing the intake of unhealthy types contributes to a more wholesome feeling. A piece of pizza doesn’t make you feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. This is often a problem, nevertheless, in terms of eating between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a difficult task because you have countless options. Here are a handful of healthy snacks which you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
Whole grain snacks are an outstanding choice for a fast balanced snack. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain bread toasted can give you that extra boost you need to get going. When you require a fast snack on your way out the door, don’t forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Selecting whole grain foods is always far better than eating the processed grains we commonly come across in our grocery stores.
A large variety of quick health snacks is easily accessible. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s easy to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to southern fried cornbread recipe. To cook southern fried cornbread you need 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Southern Fried Cornbread:
- Use 1 cup of maize flour(corn meal).
- Get 3/4 cup of wheat/all-purpose flour.
- Use 3 tbsp of sugar(or more).
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder (omit if using self-raising flour).
- Take 1 of large egg.
- Prepare as needed of Buttermilk (Maziwa mala).
- You need of Oil for frying.
Steps to make Southern Fried Cornbread:
- Mix your corn flour, wheat flour, baking powder, and sugar in a bowl. Give it a good mix before adding your egg and buttermilk as needed. Your mixture should be moist and not soupy or runny..
- There are two options.. You can add your oil to the batter. Or use it to fry the corn bread while cooking on the pan.
- Use a ladder to pour the batter into the pan. Do not stir.
- You will the lower side is ready when it starts to bubble. Flip it over so that the other side cooks.
- Do so with the rest of the butter. Serve with some tea.
If you find this Southern Fried Cornbread recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.