Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a number of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a healthier lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking your food. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you currently are consuming a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of consuming foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cream of mushroom soup recipe. You can cook cream of mushroom soup using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Cream of Mushroom Soup:
- Get 3 lbs of mushrooms, remove stems, slice tops.
- Use 1 of medium onion, small dice.
- Get 2 quarts of chicken stock.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 6 Tbsp of butter, divided.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Use 4 Tbsp of a/p flour.
- Get 1/2 tsp of each salt & pepper.
- Prepare 2 cups of half & half.
- Get 2 Tbsp of Sherry.
Instructions to make Cream of Mushroom Soup:
- Clean mushrooms, remove stems and set aside. Thin slice the Mushroom tops, set aside..
- In a skillet, melt 2 Tbsp butter to sauté the Mushroom stems on medium high..
- Next, in a large sauce pan or small stock pan, add chicken stock, sliced mushrooms, diced onions and the dried thyme. Cook on medium until mushrooms and onions are soft. Simmer while cooking stems..
- Once the stems have started to brown, add minced garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes..
- Remove stems from heat and rough chop..
- Add chopped stems to stock pot..
- In skillet add the 4 Tbsp butter over medium high heat..
- Once melted, add flour and salt and pepper whisking to make a roux. Cook for 2-3 minutes..
- Slowly whisk in half and half to combine..
- Once combined, add to stock pot. Stir and simmer until thick..
- Add in the sherry. Adjust seasoning to taste..
If you find this Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.