Step-by-Step Guide to Make Perfect Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are a lot of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re constantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, however, just making some small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you currently consume a lot of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shepherd's pie stuffed peppers recipe. You can cook shepherd's pie stuffed peppers using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers:
- Use of Mashed Potatoes.
- Take 4 of large potatoes, diced large.
- Get 1/2 cup of light cream (or milk).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Use of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Provide of Meat mixture.
- Use 1/4 cup of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of frozen corn.
- Get 1 of carrot, diced small.
- Provide 1 of celery, diced small.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, diced.
- Provide 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Take 1/2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 lb of extra lean ground beef.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cornstarch ( this is a thickner).
- You need 4 of large bell pepper, cored and cleaned.
Instructions to make Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers:
- In a pot, boil potatoes, drain then add cream, butter and salt and pepper and mash. (You can use boxed mashed potatoes, but I always prefer fresh and homemade).
- In a separate pan, sautee ground beef with onions and garlic until no longer pink, add the carrots and celery and cook 2 min.
- Add the frozen corn and peas,then Add tomato paste and stir together to incorporate, then add the cornstarch and mix..
- Add worcestershire and beef broth and mix together until mixture thickens a bit. (Add salt and pepper if needed).
- Stuff the bell pepper with meat mixture, top with mashed potatoes and sprinkle top with cheese..
- Place on baking sheet and bake in 400°F oven for 15 min, the place under broiler for 3 min to brown tops. Enjoy! 😉😊.
If you find this Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.