Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Meat and Potato Pie (Pastel de Papas) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Meat and Potato Pie (Pastel de Papas) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Meat and Potato Pie (Pastel de Papas) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that offer You Energy.
Healthy eating promotes a feeling of wellness. Increasing our consumption of healthy foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a part in a more healthy feeling. A salad allows us to feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s difficult to find wholesome foods for treats between meals. Shopping for goodies can be a difficult task because you have a great number of options. Why not try one of many following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
If you’re looking for a fast snack, you can’t go completely wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. When you have to have a fast snack on your way out the door, don’t forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Selecting whole grain food items is always better than eating the processed grains we commonly come across in our grocery stores.
A large variety of instant health snacks is easily accessible. Deciding to live a healthy lifestyle can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to meat and potato pie (pastel de papas) recipe. You can have meat and potato pie (pastel de papas) using 19 ingredients and 33 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Meat and Potato Pie (Pastel de Papas):
- Use of Potato puree:.
- Get of white potatoes.
- Prepare of butter (4 oz.) (room temperature).
- Use of Salt and pepper (to taste).
- Get of milk (room temperature).
- Provide of nutmeg.
- Get of egg yolks.
- Get of egg.
- Provide of Meat Filling:.
- You need of ground beef.
- Prepare of big onions chopped.
- Get of big red bell pepper chopped.
- Provide of garlic cloves chopped.
- Provide of paprika.
- Get of ground cumin.
- You need of cayenne pepper.
- Provide of beef bouillon.
- Use of crushed tomatoes.
- You need of boiled eggs chopped.
Instructions to make Meat and Potato Pie (Pastel de Papas):
- Potato puree ingredients:.
- Peel the potatoes, wash and cut in fourths.
- In a cacerole put water, potatoes and salt, cook it in high temperature until boils, lower the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes or until tender, put the potatoes in a colander to drain the water.
- Place it in a large bowl.
- Add butter.
- Mash the potatoes until you achieve the consistency of a puree.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, mix.
- Add milk, mix.
- Add nutmeg.
- Mix well, set a side.
- Meat Filling ingredients:.
- In a small pot, boil the eggs, let it cool and chop, set a side.
- Put oil in a large skillet and heat it to a medium temperature.
- Add onions, red bell peppers and cook it until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic cloves cook it for 2 minutes.
- Add paprika, ground cumin, cayenne pepper.
- Beef bouillon cube (crush), mix well.
- Add the ground beef.
- Mix well, cook it for 10 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes.
- Mix, cook it for 5 minutes, taste to adjust the salt.
- Mix the chopped eggs with the meat filling.
- To arrange the Pie:.
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- In an oven dish, sprayed with cooking oil.
- Lay 1 cm layer of potato mixture.
- Empty all the meat filling onto the potato layer, spread the mixture evenly.
- Cover it with another layer of potato, wich should be almost equal to the layer of beef filling.
- Make waves on the top of the potato layer with a fork so that it toasts a little.
- Place it in the oven and cook it for 30 minutes on bake and then 4 minutes on broil.
If you find this Meat and Potato Pie (Pastel de Papas) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.