Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
Everyone knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a nutritious and balanced diet and get a proper level of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle requires. At the end of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be pleased to discover that getting healthy doesn’t have to be hard. With practice you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the exercise that you need. Here are some of the best techniques to be healthy and balanced.
Choose water over other drinks. Having a soda or cup of coffee once in awhile won’t hurt you too badly. It will be, however, a bad idea to exclusively drink soda or coffee. When you pick out water over other beverages you are helping your body remain very healthful and hydrated. This also helps you reduce your caloric intake by hundreds of points without having to buy and eat terrible diet foods. Successful weight loss efforts often depend solely on water ingestion.
There are all sorts of things that you can do to get healthy and balanced. Not all of them require fancy gym memberships or restricted diets. Little things, when done every day, can do a great deal to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Being clever when you choose your food and activities is where it begins. Getting as much physical exercise as you possibly can is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indicator of your healthfulness. You need to make your body as strong as possible.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to squash, broccoli and cheddar soup recipe. You can cook squash, broccoli and cheddar soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup:
- You need of olive oil.
- Prepare of butter.
- Get of medium onion chopped.
- Provide of garlic smashed.
- You need of small squash.
- Get of dried sage.
- Use of freshly grated nutmeg.
- Get of cayenne powder.
- Provide of vegetable stock.
- Take of water.
- You need of medium heads of broccoli.
- Get of bay leaves.
- You need of canned coconut milk.
- Use of shredded cheddar cheese *.
- Use of salt & pepper *.
Instructions to make Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup:
- Quarter the squash and scoop out the seeds. Steam the quarters with the rind on for 30min or more, until soft. Some squash skin will be tough and should be removed once cooked, but others can be left on..
- Melt the butter with the oil in another pot and gently soften the onion and garlic. Add the squash, sage, nutmeg, cayenne and season with salt and pepper. Add the stock and water and heat on low until it is boiling..
- If you prefer you can just boil the squash – just leave it cooking in the stock for 10 minutes..
- Cut the broccoli heads into small pieces and add to the pot with the bay leaves. Cook for 10 minutes..
- Remove the bay leaves and use a hand blender to puree the ingredients in the pot..
- Return the pot to the heat add the coconut milk and half of the cheese. Keep stirring until the cheese is fully mixed and taste the soup. Add more Cayenne for heat, and more cheese if you think it needs it. Cheddar will be salty so don't overdo the seasoning before adding the cheese..
If you find this Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.