Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Layered Butter Pecan Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Layered Butter Pecan Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
In general, people have been taught to believe that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and need to be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is candy or some other junk food, this is very true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be super healthy and good for you. Several foods actually do raise your mood when you consume them. When you are feeling a little down and are in need of an emotional pick-me-up, try a few of these.
Grains can be great for overcoming a bad mood. Millet, quinoa, barley, etc are terrific at helping you be happier. They help you feel full as well which can really help to make your mood better. Feeling famished can really make you feel terrible! These grains can elevate your mood since it’s easy for your body to digest them. You digest these grains faster than other things which can help promote your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel more pleasant, mood wise.
So you see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are bad for you to feel better! Try a few of these hints instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to layered butter pecan cake recipe. You can have layered butter pecan cake using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Layered Butter Pecan Cake:
- You need 2 cups of Pecans chopped.
- Take 3 Tbsp of unsalted butter diced into 3 pieces.
- Get 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Use 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Use 1 cup of softened unsalted butter.
- Take 1 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Take 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Get 1 teaspoon of almond extract.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- Provide of Cream cheese icing.
- Use 1 cup of room temp butter.
- Provide 12 ounces of room temp cream cheese.
- Use 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Provide 5 cups of powdered sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped pecans for topping.
Steps to make Layered Butter Pecan Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and line 3 9-inch round cake pans with parchment paper, butter parchment paper and lightly dust pans with flour.
- Melt 3 Tbsp butter in a skillet over medium heat. Once melted add pecans and cook until slightly browned, tossing frequently, about 4 minutes. Pour and spread onto a sheet of parchment paper or a baking sheet. Set aside and allow to cool..
- Stir together buttermilk and milk, set aside..
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt for 20 seconds, set aside..
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment whip together butter and sugar until fluffy. Mix in eggs one at a time adding in vanilla and almond extract with last egg..
- Mix in flour alternating with milk mixture: Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix on low speed just until combined, then add in 1/2 of the buttermilk mixture and mix just until combined then repeat process once more. Finish by mixing in remaining 1/3 of the flour mixture and mix just until nearly combined..
- Fold in pecans: Remove bowl from stand mixer and fold in pecans (fold batter until there's not longer streaks in the batter). Divide batter evenly among prepared baking pans..
- Bake until set: Bake in preheated oven 23 – 28 minutes until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in cake pans 10 minutes..
- Let cake cool completely on wire rack: Run a knife around edges of cake to ensure the are loosened and invert onto wire racks to cool completely. Once cool frost with cream cheese frosting and top with pecans..
- For the cream cheese frosting: In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment whip together butter and cream cheese until smooth. Mix in vanilla and powdered sugar and blend until smooth and fluffy..
If you find this Layered Butter Pecan Cake recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.