Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Basic Asian Curry Puff (Karipap) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Basic Asian Curry Puff (Karipap) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Can save you Money.
Remember when the only individuals who cared about the natural environment were tree huggers and hippies? That has totally changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we cannot transform things for the better without everyone’s active involvement. Each and every family ought to start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, mainly by making your kitchen more green.
A lot of electricity is wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not operating efficiently. You can easily save up to 60% on energy when you get a new one, when compared with those from longer than ten years ago. The correct temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving energy and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F and 0F. You can reduce how often the motor has to run by frequently cleaning the condenser, which will save on electricity.
As you can see, there are lots of little items that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. It is pretty straightforward to live green, of course. Typically, all it takes is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to basic asian curry puff (karipap) recipe. To cook basic asian curry puff (karipap) you only need 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Basic Asian Curry Puff (Karipap):
- Provide of Puff Dough.
- Prepare of Egg – Grade B.
- Prepare of Wam water.
- Prepare of Flour.
- You need of Salted butter / margerine.
- Provide of Filling.
- Use of Potatoes – Boiled to cook & diced small to size of corn seed.
- Prepare of Diced + minced chicken.
- Use of Cooking oil.
- Get of Garlic – Grated (You can use smoked garlic for better test).
- Use of Diced indian Big Onion – OPTIONAL (Remove from the list if you are planning to keep them longer).
- Get of Meat curry powder – Mix with 6 TBSP warm water (Add without water if you like them test more dry and curry colour looks heavy).
- Take of Cinnamon powder.
- Provide of Salt.
- Provide of Sugar.
- Provide of Chicken stock powder.
- Get of Optional extra filling.
- Prepare of Cheese – Grated.
- Provide of Eggs – Scramble with some butter & 1 TSP sugar.
Steps to make Basic Asian Curry Puff (Karipap):
- Dough: In a big bowl, mix well the butter with salt and egg and flour then only add in the water and knead into a dough. Let it rest aside.
- Boil diced potatoes around 10-15 minutes and strain them out before cooking them with the rest of the filling ingredients.
- Filling: Heat up a big pan and pour in cooking oil. Add in grated garlic then diced onion and saute for a while then add in cinnamon powder & cont wih the sautee until caramelised bit. Add in curry powder and stir until they look all together and you can see some oil out. Add in minced chicken and stir for few minutes. add the rest one by one and cook in slow heat until diced potatoes has been cooked fine, thick and no any liquid are seen. Let the filling cool down.
- Preheat a deep fryer. Take about 30gm – 50gm of the dough, rolls into about 3mm thin or you can use pasta roller mechine. Once you got the thickness u wanted (Thin is better), cut with a round cutter or you can use a puff moulder, take a spoon of the main filling and spread them on the half spot of the round dough, add some scramble egg with some grated cheese. fold the round dough once to make a half moon shape like to cover the filling as a skin and keeping them inside intact, keep round end stick together. Twirl the half round end side like making a pie and deep fry them until they've become light golden brown.
- Depend on the makes of the curry itself, you can add a TBSP extra or less to marry with all of the filling.
- If you are using wooden roller to roll the dough by hand, best to roll them thin earlier before the dough completely cool down.
- If you are using pasta roller machine to roll the dough thin, best to keep them chill first in the refrigerator for at least an hour earlier. Roll them thin to size 7.
If you find this Basic Asian Curry Puff (Karipap) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.