Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Cantonese dry aged pork belly recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Cantonese dry aged pork belly recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cantonese dry aged pork belly recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Opting to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are numerous illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a more healthy way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all probability, most people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by making a couple of modest changes.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you presently eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cantonese dry aged pork belly recipe. You can cook cantonese dry aged pork belly using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Cantonese dry aged pork belly:
- You need 4 lbs of pork belly cuts.
- Provide 150 ml of San-J Organic tamari sauce.
- Provide 50 ml of Lee kun kee dark premium soy sauce.
- Use 50 ml of Shaoxin rice wine.
- Get 50 ml of Rum.
- Take 120 g of brown sugar.
- Provide 60 g of sea salt.
- Get 20 g of Sichuan peppercorn.
Instructions to make Cantonese dry aged pork belly:
- In a large cast iron wok, sauté sea salt until light brown on low heat. Add Sichuan peppercorn and keep stir until aromatic for about 1 min..
- In a medium sauce pan, dissolve toasted salt and Sichuan peppercorn and brown sugar in heated Soy sauce mixer. Once dissolved, turn off the stove and wait until the mixture cools down. Add wine and liquor..
- Marinate pork belly slice in the brine juice for 48 hours at room temperature..
- Hang the belly up to dry cure for at least 30 days and it could be up to 2 months depends on the thickness of your cuts. During cold dry days, it's best to hang them outside in a place where there's no direct sun. During raining warming winter days, it's all right to hang in heated room as long as the air is not too moist. Refrigerator curing may work but I think it will take longer time and it will use up your storage space..
- The left piece is dry cured for 48 hours and the right piece was just hang right after marination..
- All seasonings I used..
If you find this Cantonese dry aged pork belly recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.