Recipe of Homemade Jammin' Jamaican Oxtails
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Jammin' Jamaican Oxtails recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jammin' Jamaican Oxtails recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Will Save You Dollars.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the surroundings. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. According to the experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some adjustments. This needs to happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. Continue reading for some approaches to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
A lot of energy is wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not running efficiently. If you happen to be in the market for a new one, the good news is that compared with types from 10 or more years ago, they use about 60% less energy. The suitable temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving electrical power and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F and 0F. Checking that the condenser is definitely clean, which means that the motor needs to work less frequently, will also save electricity.
From the above it ought to be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. Eco-friendly living just isn’t that hard. A lot of it is simply using common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jammin' jamaican oxtails recipe. To make jammin' jamaican oxtails you only need 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Jammin' Jamaican Oxtails:
- Provide 1 lb of Beef Oxtail.
- You need 1 can of Butter Beans, drained.
- Get 3 of Carrots, peeled and chopped.
- Provide 3 tbsp of Cooking oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Oregano.
- Take 1 tsp of Parsley.
- Take 1 tbsp of Allspice.
- Use 1 dash of Paprika.
- Use 1 of Whole Scotch Bonnet Pepper.
- You need of Marinade.
- Take 3 tbsp of Bottle Oxtail Seasoning (OR Oxtail seasoning sub if you don't have ;see last ingredient) *If store bough seasoning is dry seasoning and not paste-like then you will need to add 2 tbls spoon of Browning liquid..
- Get 1 tbsp of Seasoning salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sweet and sour soy sauce.
- You need 1 dash of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Cloves of Garlic, chopped (to be placed in marinade container).
- Take 1 cup of Sweet Peppers, sliced lengthwise (to be placed in marinade container).
- Get 1 large of Onion, peeled and chopped (to be placed alongside meat in marinade container).
- Use 1 of Oxtail Seasoning = 2 tblsp browning, 1 tblsp vinegar, 1 tsp brown sugar, 1/2 scotch bonnet pepper, 1/2 chopped scallion, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 grated ginger, about 4 sprigs of thyme and Blend all together..
- You need 1 tsp of Meat Tenderizer (Optional).
Steps to make Jammin' Jamaican Oxtails:
- Pour marinade on top of meat and mix together using hands. Don't be afraid to get dirty. You want to make sure the meat is well coated..
- Marinate for a minimum of 2 hrs; overnight for best flavor..
- Using a Dutch pot, heat oil of choice (I like coconut oil). Add in a small piece of scotch bonnet/habanero pepper, a few pieces of sliced onion and one chopped clove of garlic and about one cup of HOT water. When water starts to boil, add oxtail (keeping marinade juices and sweet peppers etc. aside)..
- Let cook down (water goes down) while turning oxtail every few minutes. Then add more HOT water to cover oxtail..
- Add sweet peppers and marinade juices to pot. Continue to stir, scraping up the bottom of the pot and stirring to get all of the beefs juices..
- When water goes down again add paprika, allspice, oregano, and a teaspoon of parsley. Cover Oxtails again with HOT water..
- Continue to stir oxtail and turn heat on low. Add in a whole scotch bonnet pepper (remove before serving or omit altogether if going easy on spiciness). Cover pot..
- Continue to check pot every few minutes continuing to add enough water to cover whenever water becomes low. Let oxtail cook for about another 1 1/2 hrs, continuing to add water as necessary and adding seasoning salt to taste..
- Add carrots to pot and cook for another 20 mins. (Carrots should be soft when Oxtails are done, but not dissolved in the water).
- Add drained butter beans and cook for another 20 mins letting water simmer down enough for gravy..
- Oxtails are done when the meat is nice and tender. If meat isn't tender, keep heat on low and continue to cook until tender..
- Turn off stove. Serve with sweet plantains, rice and peas, salad or whatever your preference. Enjoy!.
If you find this Jammin' Jamaican Oxtails recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.