Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect taisen's green bean casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to taisen's green bean casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for this. There are many diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that many people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, though, merely making some minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use to cook your food. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you currently are eating a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
All in all, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to taisen's green bean casserole recipe. To cook taisen's green bean casserole you only need 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make taisen's green bean casserole:
- You need of of frozen green beans or fresh if you prefer.
- Use of to 3 cans of cream of mushroom soup.
- Get of of fresh mushrooms or canned.
- You need of of bacon.
- Get of onion.
- Use of bacon bits if you like.
- Get of butter. 1/2 to 1 stick for the green beans and about 1/2 to mix later.
- Get of milk for the mixing part. just need enough to help make it creamy.
- Prepare of salt to taste.
- Prepare of pepper to taste.
- Use of garlic powder to taste.
- Get of of French onions for the topping or you can substitute with crackers or anything else.
- Get of mozzarella cheese ( about 2 to 3 handfuls).
- Get of of mild cheddar cheese.
Instructions to make taisen's green bean casserole:
- take the frozen green beans and put them in a pot with some water, butter ( 1/2 to 1 stick) , bacon bits if desired and a few sprinkles of salt and pepper. cover the pot. put the heat on medium and bring to a boil. cook until you prefer soft or just slight crisp. if using fresh do as you normally do them. the bacon bits can be omitted.
- while the green beans are cooking fry up the bacon. you can do it crispy or softer depending on your taste. set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- slice or chop up onion and mushroom. fry the mushroom first in a little butter, garlic, salt and pepper. add onion around the last 5 to 10 minutes of cooking the mushroom..
- pre heat oven to 350.
- when the green beans are finished drain them. put them into a casserole dish..
- add butter and milk to the green beans. stir. you only need enough to help the cream of mushroom soup to stick and be creamy. you can always do less and add more if needed to desired thickness.
- if there is any liquid in the mushroom and onion drain. add them into the green beans. stir.
- add the cream of mushroom soup. one can at a time stirring after each one. this is where you decide on how soupy this will be..
- add in bacon. you can break it up into small pieces or leave it in longer strips. mix or just lay strips on top.
- cover with foil and stick it in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- pull it out. uncover sprinkle both cheeses. re cover and put it back in the oven for about 15 minutes..
- pull it out again. uncover add french onions on top and bake for just a few minutes..
- serve with dinner.
If you find this taisen's green bean casserole recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.