Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of simple changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery as you most probably pick out a lot of items out of habit. For example, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a usual part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Obviously, it’s easy to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cream of mushroom soup recipe. You can cook cream of mushroom soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Cream of Mushroom Soup:
- Take 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 2 of small or 1 large shallots OR 1 small onion.
- Get 4 cloves of minced garlic.
- Provide 1 1/2 lbs of assorted mushrooms.
- Provide 1/4 of heaping cup flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh or 1 tsp dried thyme.
- Take 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Take 1 qt of mushroom stock or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of light cream or half and half.
- Provide to taste of Salt and black and/or white pepper.
Instructions to make Cream of Mushroom Soup:
- In a soup pot melt the butter over medium-high heat..
- Add the shallots (or onion) and garlic, add a healthy pinch of kosher salt and sweat until fragrant..
- Add mushrooms, thyme and another pinch of salt. Cook the mushrooms until they let off most of the liquid..
- Add the flour and stir until the ingredients look gummy, add wine to deglaze..
- After the wine has loosened the flour add the stock or broth, season to taste and stir to combine. Bring to a gentle boil then simmer for 20 to 45 minutes..
- Add cream taste for seasoning then serve and enjoy..
If you find this Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.