How to Make Award-winning No Pasta Zucchini Lasagna
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for No Pasta Zucchini Lasagna recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best No Pasta Zucchini Lasagna recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to No Pasta Zucchini Lasagna recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Suggestions For Living Green And Lowering costs In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently anyone who portrayed concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it looks like we all recognize our role in stopping and possibly reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living a lot more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. This must happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. The kitchen area is a good place to start saving energy by going more green.
Perhaps the food isn’t quite as good when cooked in the microwave, nevertheless it will save you money to use it over your oven. Maybe the realization that an oven makes use of 75% more energy will motivate you to use the microwave more. In comparison with your stove, you can make boiled water as well as steamed vegetables faster, and use quite a bit less energy, by using countertop appliances. You might believe that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, but that is definitely not true. Particularly if you make certain the dishwasher is full prior to starting a cycle. By cool drying or even air drying the dishes besides heat drying them, you can add to the amount of money you save.
As you can see, there are plenty of little things that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. Environmentally friendly living is not really that hard. A lot of it truly is basically using common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to no pasta zucchini lasagna recipe. To make no pasta zucchini lasagna you need 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook No Pasta Zucchini Lasagna:
- Get 2 large of zucchini.
- You need 1 of 20 oz pack of ground turkey: 170 cal 0 carbs.
- Get 1 bag of frozen spinach thawed & drained: 30 cal 3g carbs.
- Provide 1 of 15 oz container of ricotta cheese: 90 cal 4g carbs.
- Provide 1 of pack reduced fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese: 90 cal.
- You need 1 of pack reduced fat shredded mild cheddar cheese: 110 cal.
- Provide 2 of bottles of ready-made pasta sauce: 100 cal per bottle 16 g carbs.
- You need 1 of ground pepper seasoned to taste.
- You need 1 of italian seasoning seasoned to taste.
Steps to make No Pasta Zucchini Lasagna:
- In a non stick pan, brown the ground turkey at med/high heat. Add the pepper and italian seasoning to taste..
- Once the ground turkey is nearly cooked completely, lower the stove top temp and add the spinach by turning it slowly through the meat. Some people prefer to drain the turkey's fatty oil, but you'll see that ground turkey doesn't produce nearly as much fatty oil as beef does. I leave the flavorful juice produced by the ground turkey to help mix in the spinach. Let the spinach stand for about a minute, low heat..
- Add the pasta sauce to the spinach and turkey mix, stir and allow to simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes..
- During this time, preheat oven to 350°F and gather the cold ingredients to layer the lasagna; 2 zucchini (washed and patted dry) Leave skin on, mild and sharp cheese and ricotta. Cut the zucchini horizontally (the long way) as to create the lasagna pasta..
- Begin layering with a scoop of the turkey sauce mixture on the bottom of a non stick baking pan. Then add the zucchini 1-inch apart, apprx. 6 to 8 slices per layer..
- If you wish, you can mix the ricotta with an egg for consistency and to ensure the lasagna is firm. (I did not use the egg).
- Add the ricotta and sprinkle mild and sharp cheddar atop the first layer. Continue the previous steps for second or subsequent third layers. Finish top layer with the rest of the turkey sauce mixture and sprinkle sharp cheddar on top. Bake for 30-45 min on 350°F..
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Remember the inside is still very hot, so use caution before serving. Bon appetite! Thanks for trying my recipe!.
- P.S. Using the ready-made pasta sauce is my on-the-go recipe. If you have a recipe to make original sauce that contains less carbs, cals and sodium, please share it with me. Generally, I try to find ways to sample healthy with the foods I prepare..
If you find this No Pasta Zucchini Lasagna recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.