Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already understand that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The sad thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Working out at the gym isn’t something people want to do when they get off from work. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making wise decisions doesn’t have to be a chore. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy.
Drink water, not other drinks. Drinking a soda or cup of coffee every so often won’t hurt you too badly. Using them for your lone source of hydration, on the other hand, is dumb. Drinking water instead of other forms of drinks is a good way to help your body in its health and hydration. You’re also cutting hundreds of calories out of your diet— without having to be forced to eat terrible tasting diet food. Successful weight loss efforts often depend solely on water ingestion.
There are all sorts of activities that you can do to get wholesome. Extensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the solution. You can do small things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart about the choices you make each day is a start. Getting as much exercise as possible is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indication of your health levels. You need your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to zucchini and yellow squash au gratin recipe. You can cook zucchini and yellow squash au gratin using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin:
- Use 1 of medium zucchini.
- Take 1 of medium yellow squash.
- Get 1 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- Use 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Provide 1/2 cup of heavy cream or whole milk.
- Provide 1 tsp. of cornstarch.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of salt, divided.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of pepper, divided.
- Get 1/4 tsp. of dried oregano.
- Provide 1/4 tsp. of dried chives.
- Take 1/8 tsp. of onion powder.
- Use 1/4 cup of freshly shredded parmesan.
- Use 1/2 cup of freshly shredded gouda cheese.
Instructions to make Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8×8" baking pan and set it aside..
- Wash the zucchini and yellow squash, then slice them into coins about 1/4" thick. Place them into a bowl and season them with 1/4 tsp each salt, pepper and oregano. Set aside..
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over med-high heat. Once it's melted, add the garlic and stir until fragrant. Then pour in the cream (or milk) and whisk in the cornstarch, the onion powder and 1/4 tsp each of salt, pepper and chives. Allow this to come to a simmer and simmer until thickened…just about 2-3 minutes. Once thickened, remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese..
- Lay out the squash in the prepared baking pan. Pour the cream mixture over the top. Sprinkle the gouda evenly over the top..
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the squash is fork tender. Switch your oven to broil and let the cheese brown for 2-3 minutes..
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it sit for 5 or so minutes, then serve..
If you find this Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.