Steps to Prepare Favorite Dirty Red Beans and Rice
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Dirty Red Beans and Rice recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Dirty Red Beans and Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dirty Red Beans and Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. People typically assume that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food since you most probably buy many items out of habit. As an example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? One wholesome alternative that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to dirty red beans and rice recipe. You can have dirty red beans and rice using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Dirty Red Beans and Rice:
- Use of Olive oil.
- Get 4-5 of andouille sausage links, halved and sliced.
- Take 1 of onion diced.
- Take 1 of red bell pepper, diced.
- Take 1 Tbsp of Cajun seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic salt.
- Use 1/2 lb of shredded chicken.
- You need 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Provide 1 cup of tomato sauce.
- Take 1 (15 oz) of can red beans.
- Get 1 cup of rice.
- Provide 2 of spring onions, sliced.
- Provide 2 Tbsp of cilantro, minced.
Instructions to make Dirty Red Beans and Rice:
- Prep ingredients.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a medium stock pot over high heat. Add the sausage and sear without moving for 2 min.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and cook 2 min.
- Add the Cajun seasoning and garlic salt, stir and cook another 2 min.
- Add the chicken and stir. If you don't have pre cooked shredded chicken you can use cubed chicken breast. Cook another 3 min.
- Add the stock and tomato. Bring to a simmer. Now is the time to taste for seasoning. Add salt, pepper or more Cajun seasoning to taste..
- Add the beans and rice, and then mix. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 20 min. Then turn heat off and cook another 10 min..
- Add the green onions and cilantro and stir..
If you find this Dirty Red Beans and Rice recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.