How to Make Perfect Seafood Gumbo
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Seafood Gumbo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Seafood Gumbo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Vitality.
We all know that eating healthy meals can help us really feel better inside our bodies. Whenever we eat more healthy meals and a lesser amount of of the bad ones we typically feel much better. A salad helps us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). This can be a problem, nevertheless, with regards to eating between snacks. Finding snack foods that help us feel better and increase our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting treat.
Foods made from whole grains are excellent for a quick snack. A slice of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the morning. Eating on the run may be healthier with whole grain chips and crackers. Selecting whole grain foods is always better than eating the highly processed grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
A large assortment of easy health snacks is easily obtainable. Being healthy and balanced doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to seafood gumbo recipe. To make seafood gumbo you need 27 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Seafood Gumbo:
- You need of Roux ingredients.
- Get 3/4 cup of bacon drippings.
- Provide 1 cup of flour.
- Get of Vegetable mix.
- Get 1 cup of chopped celery.
- Get 1 of large green bell pepper.
- Use 2 cloves of garlic.
- Take 1 pound of andouille sausage.
- Get 1 of yellow onion.
- Take of Gumbo base.
- Provide 3 quarts of water.
- Prepare 6 cubes of beef bouillon.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of hot pepper sauce (Louisiana hot sauce).
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of Cajon Seasoning.
- Get 4 of bay leaves.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme leaves.
- Take 14.5 ounce of can stewed tomatoes.
- Get 6 ounce of can tomato sauce.
- Take 2 teaspoons of gumbo file powder.
- You need of Seafood mix.
- You need 2 tablespoons of distilled white vinegar.
- Take 1 pound of lump crabmeat.
- Take 3 pounds of uncooked medium shrimp (peeled and deveined).
- Use 2 tablespoons of Worcester shire sauce.
- Provide 2 teaspoons of gumbo file powder.
Instructions to make Seafood Gumbo:
- Make roux mix by whisking flour and bacon drippings constantly in sauce pan over medium-low heat until rich mahogany color. Remove from heat until it stops cooking. Usually 8-15 minutes..
- Place celery, onion, green bell pepper, and garlic in food processor on pulse until finely chopped. Mix vegetables and sausage into roux mix and place back over medium-low heat until vegetables are tender. Usually 10-15 minutes..
- Bring water and beef bouillon to boil in large pot (8 quarts or larger). Whisk the roux mix into boiling water once the cubes disolve. Reduce to simmer then mix in the rest of the base: sugar, salt, hot sauce, Cajon seasoning, bay leaves, thyme, stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce. Simmer for 1 hour and add the file gumbo powder at the 45 minute mark..
- Mix in shrimp, crab meat, Worsteshire and white vinegar into gumbo and simmer for another 45 minutes. Mix in file gumbo powder before serving..
If you find this Seafood Gumbo recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.