Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Louisiana Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Louisiana Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Louisiana Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Vitality Treats.
Eating healthy foods makes all the difference in the way we feel. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy types contributes to a more wholesome feeling. Eating more vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a piece of pizza. Sometimes it’s tough to find healthy foods for treats between meals. You can spend numerous hours at the supermarket searching for an ideal snack foods to make you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting treat.
Whole grain foods are an outstanding choice for a fast wholesome snack. A slice of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the morning. When you have to have a fast snack on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are generally better than refined grains present in white bread.
You do not have to look far to locate a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy and balanced doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to louisiana chicken and andouille sausage gumbo recipe. You can have louisiana chicken and andouille sausage gumbo using 27 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Louisiana Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo:
- Provide of To Prepare Chicken.
- Take 1 of whole chicken rinsed and patted dry (I used a 5 lb chicken for this recipe).
- Provide 6 quart of water.
- Prepare 4 of bay leaves.
- Use 1 of chicken boullion cube.
- Take 3 of whole garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt & pepper.
- You need 1 cup of leftover celery stalk trimmings and leaves (I save these for anytime I make a homeade broth, absolutely delicious!).
- Use 1/4 cup of unused leftover red onion (I save this too for depth of flavor).
- Get of Gumbo.
- Get 1 of shredded chicken.
- Prepare 1 lb of andouille sausage, sliced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of onions, chopped.
- Take 1 of green bell pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of celery stalks, chopped.
- Take 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Get 3 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- Get 2 of chicken boullion cubes.
- Take 3 tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped.
- Take of Roux.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- You need of Sides.
- You need 1 of hot cooked rice.
- Use 1 of gumbo file.
Steps to make Louisiana Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo:
- Bring chicken, water, seasonings and veggies to boil in a large stock pot..
- Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and simmmer for up to an hour or until chicken is tender, falling off the bone..
- Remove chicken from stockpot and strain the broth reserving it for the gumbo. Debone the chicken, shred and set aside..
- Take reserved chicken stock and add it back to the stockpot. Add shredded chicken, sausage, veggies, seasonings and bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil..
- Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer for 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally..
- In a heavy skillet (I use a cast iron skillet) heat oil on medium high heat..
- Gradually add in flour whisking constantly..
- **Note** A good roux takes about 30 minutes to make so be prepared to be whisking for a while lol My cajun buddies will tell ya, its done when its 2 beers in! lmao.
- Keep stirring until your roux is a dark carmel brown in color. I've added step pics for start, middle and end results for a reference..
- Once roux is finished, slowly add it to your gumbo pot and continue to stir occasionally for another hour..
- Serve over hot cooked rice with gumbo file if desired..
If you find this Louisiana Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.