Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for WendyG's take on Wine-Braised Beef Short Ribs recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect WendyG's take on Wine-Braised Beef Short Ribs recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to WendyG's take on Wine-Braised Beef Short Ribs recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green And Save Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the surroundings. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared obligation we have for turning things around. According to the experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some changes. These types of modifications need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Here are a few tips that can help you save energy, primarily by making your cooking area more green.
Changing light bulbs is actually as good a spot to start as any. Of course you shouldn’t confine this to merely the cooking area. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are usually energy-savers, and you must use them instead of incandescent lights. They cost somewhat more initially, but they last ten times longer, and use less electricity. Making use of these types of longer-lasting lightbulbs has the actual benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. You also have to acquire the routine of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a place. The family spends major time in the kitchen, and how frequently does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. And it’s not confined to the kitchen, it happens in other parts of the house at the same time. Try keeping the lights off unless you absolutely need them, and notice how much electricity you can save.
The kitchen by itself gives you many small means by which energy and money can be saved. Green living is something we can all do, without difficulty. It’s concerning being practical, usually.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to wendyg's take on wine-braised beef short ribs recipe. To cook wendyg's take on wine-braised beef short ribs you need 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make WendyG's take on Wine-Braised Beef Short Ribs:
- Provide 3 lb of bone-in beef short ribs (have the butcher cut them crosswise into 2" pieces).
- Provide of Salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 of onions, chopped.
- Get 2 of carrots, cut to sticks.
- Get 2 of celery stalks, cut to sticks.
- Provide 1 of small bag new potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of small can tomato sauce.
- Use 4 c of dry red wine.
- Provide 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 2 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1 of garlic head, halved cross-wise (unpeeled).
- Take 4 c of beef stock.
Steps to make WendyG's take on Wine-Braised Beef Short Ribs:
- Season the short ribs with salt and pepper. Brown them in skillet then place in crock pot..
- Add the onions, carrots, and celery to the crock pot..
- Add all the herbs and garlic along with wine tomato sauce and stock to crock pot..
- Set crock pot to high for 6 and 1/2 hours..
- Serve on platter with veggies. Alternatively you can shred the meat and serve over egg noodles or papparadelle.
If you find this WendyG's take on Wine-Braised Beef Short Ribs recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.