Recipe of Quick Ropa vieja (chicken leftovers recipe)
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Ropa vieja (chicken leftovers recipe) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Ropa vieja (chicken leftovers recipe) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ropa vieja (chicken leftovers recipe) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. In all likelihood, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, however, just making a couple of modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It can likewise be beneficial for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. Even though you may already consume a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ropa vieja (chicken leftovers recipe) recipe. To make ropa vieja (chicken leftovers recipe) you need 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Ropa vieja (chicken leftovers recipe):
- Prepare 1 of plate of leftovers.
- Provide 2 of onions.
- Provide 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- Take 1 of jar chick peas.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Get 1 of few sprigs fresh coriander.
Steps to make Ropa vieja (chicken leftovers recipe):
- Cut the leftovers into small pieces.
- Chop the onions. Heat the olive oil and add the cumin seeds. Fry over a gentle heat for a minute and add the onions and the cloves of garlic (whole and unpeeled). Drain the chickpeas and keep some of the brine. When the onion is nice and soft add the chickpeas to the pan, turn up the heat and stir well for five minutes..
- Add your leftovers.
- Add the tomato puree to the brine to make it more liquidy and add the sugar. Stir. Add to the pan and stir well. Cook over a moderate to high heat for another 10 minutes. As it browns and starts to stick to the pan, move it around with a spatula so that it gets evenly cooked. Try for seasoning – you might want to add pepper but shouldn't need salt because of having used the brine..
- Serve with chopped fresh coriander (or parsley). Enjoy!!.
If you find this Ropa vieja (chicken leftovers recipe) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.