Easiest Way to Make Favorite Quinoa Citrus Salad
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Quinoa Citrus Salad recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Quinoa Citrus Salad recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Quinoa Citrus Salad recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Information on How to Elevate Your Mood with Food.
Most of us believe that comfort foods are not good for us and that we need to avoid them. Sometimes, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be completely healthy and it’s good for you to consume them. Several foods actually do boost your mood when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try a few of these.
Make a trail mixout of various seeds and nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etc are all great for helping to elevate your mood. This is possible since these foods are high in magnesium which boosts your production of serotonin. Serotonin is a feel-good substance that tells the brain how to feel at any given moment. The more of this chemical in your brain, the happier you’ll feel. Not just that but nuts, particularly, are a great source of protein.
Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try some of these tips instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to quinoa citrus salad recipe. You can have quinoa citrus salad using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Quinoa Citrus Salad:
- Take 2 cup of Red / White Quinoa.
- Provide 2 cup of Water.
- Provide 4 tbsp of Extra virgin olive oil.
- Take 3 each of Large Limes.
- You need 2 each of Large Lemon.
- You need 1 bunch of Curly Parsley.
- Get 1 bunch of Green Onions.
- Get 1 each of Yellow Bell Pepper.
- Get 1 each of Red Bell Pepper.
- Provide 1 each of Orange Bell Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Fat Free Feta Cheese.
- Use 4 oz of Myzithra Cheese.
- Provide 1 of Salt.
Instructions to make Quinoa Citrus Salad:
- Start by soaking your Quinoa for about 15-30 minutes. Then rinse it thoroughly. At least 5-6 times to get all the particulate out. Get all your ingredients out so you can prep them while your quinoa cooks then cools..
- Add quinoa to water and bring to a boil. Be sure to cover. Once its boiling turn down to simmer. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes until all water is gone. You want it to be firm not mushy (it should have a little pop when you bite into it.). Then spread it out on a cookie sheet to cool..
- De-vein and small dice the bell peppers. Mince parsley, and slice the green onions..
- Zest the lemon and limes then juice. This can be done on the still warm quinoa..
- Shred and crumble cheeses..
- Make sure quinoa is cool, put in a large bowl then add olive oil, peppers, onions, parsley, cheeses. Mix together with a fork so as not to damage (mash) the quinoa. Salt to taste. Be careful not to over salt. Myzithra is a salty cheese..
- Eat as it is. Make lettuce wraps. Get creative and enjoy!.
Mix in warm quinoa and sprinkle top of salad with feta. I have made it several times and really enjoy it. I varied the recipe and made it with red quinoa and added tomatoes and. If you are searching for a healthy and delicious dish that is light and flavorful, then try this Red Citrus Quinoa Salad. This Avocado Quinoa Salad is packed with good-for-you ingredients and the best healthy lemon vinaigrette.
If you find this Quinoa Citrus Salad recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.