Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for au gratin potatoes recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best au gratin potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to au gratin potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Guidelines For Living Green And Lowering costs Within the Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the ecosystem. That has fully changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the industry experts, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some adjustments. These types of changes need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Here are a few tips that can help you save energy, primarily by making your cooking area more green.
Let us begin with something quite simple, changing the particular light bulbs. This will probably go further than the kitchen, but that is okay. The usual light bulbs are the incandescent style, which should be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. Although costing a little more originally, these bulbs last as long as ten of the traditional type as well as using a lot less energy. Using these types of longer-lasting lightbulbs has the actual benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. It goes further than just exchanging the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is definitely another good thing to do. The family spends considerable time in the kitchen area, and how frequently does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. This also happens in the rest of the house, but we have been trying to save money in the kitchen. Do an exercise if you like; have a look at the quantity of electricity you can save by turning the lights off when you don’t need them.
From the above it really should be obvious that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is reasonably easy to live green, of course. A lot of it really is simply making use of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to au gratin potatoes recipe. You can have au gratin potatoes using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook au gratin potatoes:
- Use 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Get 3 tbsp of butter.
- Provide 3 tbsp of flour.
- Use 2 cup of milk.
- Take 1 of paprika.
- Get 6 of potatoes, sliced into 1/8 in slices.
- Get 1 of onion sliced into thin slices.
- Provide 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Take 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Use 2 cup of shredded chedder cheese.
Steps to make au gratin potatoes:
- preheat oven 400°F.
- in a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. mix in flour, salt, garlic, and whisk for one minute. add milk and bring to boil, then turn heat to medium and whisk until thickened. stir in cheese and continue stirring until melted together, about one minute..
- lightly grease casserole dish and pour some cheese sauce on bottom of dish, then layer potatoes and then onion rings on top and sprinkle with paprika. layer in this order til there are no more potatoes and onion, pour last of sauce on top and sprinkle with breadcrumbs, cover dish with aluminum foil.
- bake dish for 1 and 1/2 hours, optional( last 5 minutes put in broiler for crunchy top).
If you find this au gratin potatoes recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.