Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Biko (Filipino Rice Cake) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Biko (Filipino Rice Cake) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Biko (Filipino Rice Cake) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re constantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that many people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, though, simply making a couple of minor changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
In order to see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically modify your eating habits. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will probably see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to biko (filipino rice cake) recipe. You can cook biko (filipino rice cake) using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Biko (Filipino Rice Cake):
- Use 2 cups of glutinous rice.
- Take 4 cups of coconut milk (kakang gata/ 2 cans of coconut milk will do 400 ml each).
- Take 2 cups of water.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 6 drops of ube essence (optional).
- Provide 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
Instructions to make Biko (Filipino Rice Cake):
- Wash glutinous rice in a pot or rice cooker. Drain excess water. Add 2 cups of water. Cook glutinous rice like you would with regular white rice..
- On a pan, pour 2 cups of coconut milk and sugar. Set to medium heat and bring to a boil..
- Add 6 drops of ube essence to mixture (optional)..
- Add rice to the mixture. Constant mixing (folding motion) is necessary to prevent crusting at the bottom of the pan..
- Keep mixing till sticky enough that it looks like a dough..
- Put biko in a container and push with a spatula to even out surface..
- Cooking latik: In a separate pan, pour 1 can/2 cups of coconut milk. Bring to boil and set to high heat. Keep stirring until paste-like consistency is observed then add vegetable oil to aid in toasting the coconut milk..
- Once browned remove from heat, and drain and squeeze excess oil with a paper towel..
- Spread latik over biko. Serve and enjoy..
If you find this Biko (Filipino Rice Cake) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.