Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Boston cream ice box cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Boston cream ice box cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green And Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the environment. That has totally changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the specialists, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some adjustments. These types of modifications need to start happening, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The cooking area is a good starting point saving energy by going more green.
Let’s begin with something really easy, changing the particular light bulbs. Accomplish this for the whole house, not only the kitchen. You should replace your incandescent lights with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. Although costing a little more in the beginning, these types of bulbs last as long as ten of the traditional type as well as using a lot less energy. Changing the light bulbs would keep plenty of bulbs out of the landfills, and that’s good. It goes further than just exchanging the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is definitely another good thing to do. The family spends major time in the kitchen, and how typically does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. And it’s not confined to the kitchen, it goes on in other parts of the house also. Make a routine of having the lights on only when they are necessary, and you’ll be astonished at the amount of electricity you save.
As you can see, there are lots of little elements that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. It is quite uncomplicated to live green, of course. A lot of it truly is merely making use of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to boston cream ice box cake recipe. You can cook boston cream ice box cake using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Boston cream ice box cake:
- Use FOR of THE VANILLA CUSTARD:.
- Use 3 1/2-4 cups of milk.
- Prepare 8-10 tsp of custard powder (or more if needed).
- Take 1/2-3/4 cup of sugar.
- Provide 1 of large box of Honey Made Graham Crackers (or any other biscuit/cookie you like).
- Prepare FOR of CHOCOLATE ICING/GLAZE:.
- Prepare 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided.
- Take 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- Use 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence/extract.
Steps to make Boston cream ice box cake:
- Heat milk until just beginning to boil. Make a smooth paste of custard powder with a little milk. When the milk comes to a boil, add the sugar and let dissolve. Stir in the custard mixture and stir continuously on medium heat until the custard is thick and smooth..
- To make the chocolate ganache, to a medium saucepan, add 1/2 cup chocolate chips, butter, sugar, milk, and heat over low heat to melt, whisking continuously. Add the vanilla and whisk to combine..
- Now to layer the Boston Cream Pie Icebox cake, line a 13 x 9 inch pan with foil; leave an overhang on two sides for easy lifting of cake. Make sure the foil covers the bottom as well as the sides of the pan..
- Cover the bottom of the pan with a layer of crackers/biscuits, breaking them to fit the bottom completely..
- Pour half of the custard over this and spread evenly over the crackers using an offset spatula or spoon..
- Add another layer of the crackers and top with the remaining pudding mixture, spreading to cover evenly. Gently place the final layer of crackers over the custard..
- Pour chocolate glaze over the last layer of crackers and spread to cover all over. Top with more chocolate chips..
- Cover the whole pan tightly with aluminum foil and freeze at least 4 hours or best overnight..
- Just before serving, let stay at room temperature for about 5 minutes for easy slicing. Using a sharp, heavy and sturdy knife, cut into squares and dig in!.
- Store leftover cake in the freezer. Enjoy!.
- Notes: Use enough custard thickened to form a lovely layer on the crackers. Adjust the amount of sugar according to personal taste. You can use any kind of cookie/biscuit instead of graham crackers. Just make sure it is sturdy enough to hold the custard topping and does not dissolve into the dessert! Enjoy frozen or slightly thawed to a slight, soft texture..
If you find this Boston cream ice box cake recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.