Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for My lil' Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect My lil' Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to My lil' Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Will Save You Cash.
Until fairly recently any individual who expressed concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we cannot change things for the better without everyone’s active participation. These modifications need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The cooking area is a good starting point saving energy by going much more green.
Changing light bulbs is actually as good a spot to start as any. Do this for the entire house, not only the kitchen. The typical light bulbs are the incandescent variety, which really should be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. These bulbs are generally energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is definitely lower, and, although they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. One of the extras is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it signifies that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will probably end up at a landfill site. You also have to acquire the habit of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a area. The family spends considerable time in the kitchen area, and how often does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. Of course this also happens in some other rooms, not simply the kitchen. Make a habit of having the lights on only when they are needed, and you’ll be amazed at the amount of electricity you save.
The kitchen on its own gives you many small means by which energy and money can be saved. It is reasonably straightforward to live green, of course. Largely, all it will take is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to my lil' shortbread cookies with chocolate recipe. To cook my lil' shortbread cookies with chocolate you only need 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make My lil' Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate:
- Use of Cookie Dough—-.
- Provide 1 1/2 sticks of butter (room temp.) – used grass fed cow butter.
- Provide 1/2 c. of sugar.
- Provide 1 t. of vanilla -used our homemade vanilla.
- Use 1 t. of salt.
- Take 2 c. of flour.
- Provide of Chocolate Frosting—-.
- Get 1 stick of butter (room temp.).
- Take 1/4 c. of shortening.
- Get 2 c. of sugar.
- Take 1 t. of vanilla.
- Get 1/2 c. of cocoa powder.
Steps to make My lil' Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate:
- Brown Butter- My family gets excited when I'm using that fancy French word -beurre noisette- Means mom's making her Little Shortbread Cookies! And why you ask, because it adds a deep, nutty flavor to myO cookies! 💚 To make brown butter simply start melting butter over medium heat. We use grass fed cow butter…no gmo's. Please only use real butter people, stop outting chemicals in your awesome bodies! Use a pan with a light-colored bottom so you can keep track of the color. I used my favorite old kitchen witch spoon, I like to add in some love & magic..
- Making the Cookie Dough- Grab a nice sized bowl & add your 1 stick of butter, 1/2 cup of sugar. I used an old potato masher to cream my butter and sugar. Stir in brown butter, vanilla & salt. By the way if your lucky enough or flippin spoiled and have a Kitchen Aid Mixer then super awesome. Yeah, I'm jealous. I don't have one…- So I workout my guns! Now start by adding your flour- Just a half a cup at a time. It's a shortbread cookie- so expect a sandy texture to your cookie mix. No Worries..
- Forming the Cookie Dough- I could not find my plastic wrap, so I grabbed a large baggie, cut out the seams, then used it to form my shortbread cookies. It was fun, kinda like Play-Doh. Thou next time I'm going to roll them out and use cookie cutters Cut then about 1/2 inch or less. Place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350° for about 12 to 15 minutes. Place your bad-ass cookies on a cooling rack..
- My Chocolate Filling- Grab another bowl and add 1 stick of butter (room temp.), 1/2 cup of shortening, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 2 cups of powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla (used my homemade vanilla)..
- Mix and blend well….Again with the KitchenAid Mixer or just my two little hands. Used a rubber spatula to spoon the filling into baggie with a icing tip. Just pipe it onto each shortbread cookie..
- Time to add the Naughty Chocolate Filling- Glab a baggie fill it with your filling/ frosting, cut the tip off just a tiny bit, give the baggie a whirl- a bit of a squeeze and then your filling will come out No need for fancy pastry bags and tips. Sit back, enjoy the view and have a cookie or 2! 💚.
If you find this My lil' Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.