How to Prepare Speedy Turkey Day Pot Pie
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Turkey Day Pot Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Turkey Day Pot Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Use Food to Boost Your Mood.
Many of us have been taught to think that comfort foods are terrible and should be avoided. Sometimes, if the comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this is true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be completely nourishing and it’s good for you to consume them. There are several foods that basically can improve your moods when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try several of these.
If you want to defeat depression, try eating some cold water fish. Cold water fish like tuna, trout and wild salmon are high in DHA and omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that actually help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can actually help you overcome your depression.
Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you need to eat when you want to help your moods get better. Try some of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to turkey day pot pie recipe. To cook turkey day pot pie you need 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Turkey Day Pot Pie:
- Provide 2 of pie crust, store bought or homemade.
- Take 1 of Acorn squash.
- Get 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of Turkey, leftover from t-day and cubed.
- You need 1 can of green beans.
- You need 1 medium of white onion, chopped.
- Use 1 of 14oz jar of Alfredo Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of Sage.
Instructions to make Turkey Day Pot Pie:
- Preheat oven to 400. Peel and cubed squash. In a bowl, mix squash and oil until coated. Salt and Pepper to taste..
- Spread squash onto a parchment paper cover cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes..
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a large bowl. When squash is roasted, add them to the mixture. Gently stir, coating squash..
- Put a layer of pie dough into a greased pie pan. Fill with mixture and cover with the second pie dough. Put 6 slits in the top dough..
- Cover the edges of dough with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove foil and bake for 15 minutes more or until done..
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!.
For a hearty dish, make Food Network Kitchen's Turkey Pot Pie recipe, a comforting dish of shredded turkey, veggies and gravy, wrapped in buttery pastry dough. Stir in turkey, parsley and peas. Top with pie crust and brush with egg. This was a recipe I was a little nervous trying as I am not a pie maker. What a pleasant surprise- it turned out delicious and was a good stick to your ribs meal on a cool fall day.
If you find this Turkey Day Pot Pie recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.