Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Simple Calabacitas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple Calabacitas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green And Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the surroundings. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. According to the experts, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some changes. Each and every family must start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. Keep reading for some ways to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
You may well prefer preparing food with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you way less money. Maybe the realization that an oven uses 75% more energy will encourage you to use the microwave more. When it comes to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save a lot of electrical power and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You will be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses much more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned method, but you would be wrong. Mainly if you make certain the dishwasher is full prior to starting a cycle. By cool drying or even air drying the dishes instead of heat drying them, you can add to the amount of money you save.
The kitchen by itself provides you with many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. It is pretty uncomplicated to live green, after all. Mostly, all it will take is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to simple calabacitas recipe. You can have simple calabacitas using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Simple Calabacitas:
- Take 1 of zucchini (cut in half lengthwise, then in 1/4" slices).
- Use 1 of yellow squash (cut in half lengthwise, then in 1/4" slices).
- Provide 1 of ear of sweet corn kernels.
- You need 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Use 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Take 1 pinch of salt & pepper.
- Get 1 cup of Mozzerella cheese, shredded.
Steps to make Simple Calabacitas:
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients EXCEPT cheese. Gently toss to coat.
- Steam veggies for 15 minutes.
- Serve with cheese sprinkled on top (I like mine super cheesey!).
- *If you do not have a steamer, you can bring a few cups of water to a boil in a small stock pot. Place veggies in a metal strainer and set atop the pot and cover with a lid (see pic).
- **I discovered calabacitas when I lived in New Mexico. There are several variations, but this is just a simple basic "go grab it out of my garden" version!.
If you find this Simple Calabacitas recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.