Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Roasted & Smashed Fingerling Potatoes recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Roasted & Smashed Fingerling Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roasted & Smashed Fingerling Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green And also Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the ecosystem. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we are unable to change things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. This needs to happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. Read on for some ways to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
You may possibly prefer cooking with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you much less money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is greater by 75%, and perhaps this small amount of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When it relates to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save plenty of electricity and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You might believe that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, nonetheless that is definitely not true. A dishwasher is particularly economical when it’s full before a cycle is commenced. By cool drying or air drying the dishes as opposed to heat drying them, you can increase the amount of money you save.
From the above it really should be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. Natural living is actually something we can all perform, without difficulty. It’s concerning being sensible, most of the time.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to roasted & smashed fingerling potatoes recipe. To make roasted & smashed fingerling potatoes you need 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Roasted & Smashed Fingerling Potatoes:
- Use 2 lb of fingerling potatoes; or red potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of bulb garlic; peeled.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk or heavy cream.
- Provide 1 of yellow or red onion; medium dice.
- Provide 3 of stalks celery; small dice.
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese.
- Use 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese; grated.
- Take 1 lb of butter; diced.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Italian Seasoning.
- Get 1 of salt and pepper.
- Use 1 of vegetable oil to coat.
Steps to make Roasted & Smashed Fingerling Potatoes:
- Toss potatoes and garlic cloves with vegetable oil to coat. Season with dried spices. Roast at 400° for approximately 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. (This recipe is originally intended for use of leftovers, but fresh works! If using leftover potatoes, reheat in boiling water with the garlic cloves).
- In a large bowl or pot, combine potatoes, garlic, butter, onions, celery, cream, and cheese. Smash potatoes until they no longer hold their shape..
- Use a spoon to fold more cheese or cream into the potatoes if desired. Season with salt and pepper..
- Variations; Scallions, chives, shallots, mustard, fresh herbs, cayenne pepper.
If you find this Roasted & Smashed Fingerling Potatoes recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.