How to Prepare Award-winning Garlic mashed potatoes
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Garlic mashed potatoes recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Garlic mashed potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Garlic mashed potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Will Save You Cash.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the ecosystem. Those days are over, and it seems we all recognize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living a lot more eco-friendly we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. These modifications need to start happening, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your kitchen area more green.
Why don’t we begin with something not that hard, changing the actual light bulbs. This will certainly go beyond the kitchen, nevertheless that is okay. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are generally energy-savers, and you will need to use them in place of incandescent lights. They cost a small amount more in the beginning, but they last ten times longer, and use a lesser amount of electricity. One of the extras is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it signifies that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will probably end up at a landfill site. You also have to acquire the habit of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a room. The family spends a lot of time in the cooking area, and how typically does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. Certainly this also happens in different rooms, not merely the kitchen. Make a habit of having the lights on only when they are necessary, and you’ll be astonished at the amount of electricity you save.
The kitchen by itself provides you with many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. It is pretty straightforward to live green, after all. It’s about being functional, most of the time.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to garlic mashed potatoes recipe. To cook garlic mashed potatoes you need 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Garlic mashed potatoes:
- Get 5 of large cloves garlic, minced.
- Get 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of ground white pepper.
- Use 12 of yellow potatoes, peeled and quartered.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Take of Whole milk.
- Use Handful of chives, chopped.
Steps to make Garlic mashed potatoes:
- Sprinkle a pinch of kosher salt onto the minced garlic. Then, using the flat of your knife, squish the garlic into a paste. You should end up with about 1 tbsp..
- Put the garlic paste in a small saucepot along with half of the butter. Put the pot on medium heat. Let the butter come up to a froth, then turn the heat down to low. Once the frothing slows and the garlic just starts to change colour, remove the pot from the heat. Don't wait until the garlic browns, because it'll keep cooking and may burn. Add the white pepper and a pinch of salt and set aside..
- Boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted water until they're fork tender. Drain well, then return the potatoes to their pot. Add the garlic butter, remaining unsalted butter, and heavy cream. Mash the potatoes until no large chunks remain, then stir until uniform. If the potatoes are too dry, add whole milk a few tbsp at a time. Try not to stir too much or the potatoes will become gluey. Season with salt to taste. Serve with a sprinkle of chives on top..
If you find this Garlic mashed potatoes recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.