Easiest Way to Prepare Ultimate Spiced Smoked Ribs with Orange Soda Sauce
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Spiced Smoked Ribs with Orange Soda Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spiced Smoked Ribs with Orange Soda Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are many diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re incessantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all likelihood, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing several small changes.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. If you presently consume plenty of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemical substances. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have most of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spiced smoked ribs with orange soda sauce recipe. You can cook spiced smoked ribs with orange soda sauce using 24 ingredients and 29 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spiced Smoked Ribs with Orange Soda Sauce:
- Provide of Spice Rub.
- Use 1 cup of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of White Sugar.
- Get 2 tbsp of Tumeric Powder.
- Get 2 tbsp of Lemon Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ginger Powder.
- Take 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Take 1 tsp of Mustard Powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Celery Salt.
- Get 1 dash of Cayenne Powder.
- You need of Orange Soda BBQ Sauce.
- Get 1 cup of Ketchup.
- Provide 1 cup of Orange Soda.
- Take 1/3 cup of White Sugar.
- Use 1/3 cup of Fresh Lemon Juice (strained).
- You need 1 tbsp of Spice Rub.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Get 1 dash of White Pepper.
- Prepare of Ribs.
- Use 2 of racks St. Louis Spare Ribs.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Take 8 oz of Orange Soda.
- You need 1/2 stick of Butter.
Steps to make Spiced Smoked Ribs with Orange Soda Sauce:
- The night before you cook your ribs, prepare the spice rub, ribs, and sauce..
- First combine all the ingredients for the spice rub in a small sealable container. Note: A little bit of cayenne pepper goes a long way. Use more or less to achieve desired heat level..
- With the lid on, shake vigorously to combine all the ingredients. Note: Old take out containers work great for this..
- Rinse the ribs under cold water to remove any unwanted bits..
- Pat dry each rack with a paper towel. Ensure the ribs are thoroughly dry..
- Using the tip of a knife, pull up a small piece of the membrane on the back of the ribs. Then use your fingers and a paper towel to pull off and remove the membrane..
- Trim any excess fat from the ribs..
- Cut racks in half if necessary to fit the ribs into your smoker..
- Drizzle a very small amount of olive oil (canola or vegetable also works) on the ribs. Use your fingers to spread the oil to evenly coat the front and back of the ribs..
- Sprinkle the ribs with the spice rub. Use your hands to spread and massage the rub into the meat..
- Wrap each rib portion in plastic wrap and store in the refridgerator over night..
- For the sauce: Combine all the sauce ingredients in sauce pan over low to medium heat. Note: White Pepper can add quite the heat factor, use cautiously..
- Simmer sauce over low heat stirring occasionally, until it has thickened, approximately 20 minutes. This sauce will not be a very thick sauce..
- The next day (about 5 to 6 hours prior to eating) light off your smoker to achieve 200 to 250°F. The Minion method of loading unlit charcoal and topping it with a thin layer of well lit charcoal and a few large chunks of hardwood for smoke (hickory or fruit woods are a good choice) works well for this. If you do use this method, be prepared to throttle your dampers to an almost closed position..
- Once your smoker is up to temperature, place your ribs inside the smoker and evenly space them out. Cook like this for about 3 hours. If your smoker is closer to 200 F, smoke for the full 3 hours. If your smoker settles out around 250 F, cook for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. There is no need to baste, spray, or mess with your ribs during this time..
- After the first phase of cooking, remove ribs from the smoker. They should have a golden color and an aromatic and meaty smell..
- Place a rib portion in the middle of a large piece of tin foil. Form a small boat with the foil to hold liquids..
- Add about 3 slices/pats of butter to the top of the ribs and pour in about 2 ounces of orange soda on and around the ribs..
- Close the foil securely around the ribs. Rolling the top seam down to the rib and folding in the sides works well..
- Repeat steps 17 thru 19 for each rib portion..
- Return the foiled ribs to the smoker..
- Cook for an additional 1 to 2 hours. If your smoker is around 200 F, go for the full 2 hours. If your are cooking at closer to 250 F, only cook for 1 hour..
- After the second phase of cooking, remove the ribs from the smoker..
- Remove the ribs from the foil. Be carefull, as the ribs will be very tender and may start to fall apart on you..
- Brush the front and back of each rib portion with the orange soda sauce..
- Return unwrapped and sauced ribs to the smoker. Cook for an additional 30 to 45 minutes. Brush on a second layer of sauce on top of the ribs after about 15 to 20 minutes..
- The ribs are considered done when you can pull apart 2 bones and the meat tears aways easily. Once the ribs are done, remove them from the smoker and let sit at room temperature for about 5 to 10 minutes to let them set..
- Slice the ribs into 3 bone portions. Thi
s seems to be about right for each person. Additionally, 3 bone segments reheat better (less tendency to dry out) than single bone portions..
- Serve and enjoy. Let guest add more sauce as desired..
If you find this Spiced Smoked Ribs with Orange Soda Sauce recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.