Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle involves. At the end of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be irritating. With training you can get all of the nutrients and the exercise that you need. Here are some tips to be as healthful as possible.
Be wise when you do your food shopping. When you make informed and wise purchases at the grocery store, your meals will get much healthier immediately. Think for a minute: you don’t want to go to a chaotic grocery store or sit in a long line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You’re going to go home and cook what you already have. Make sure that what you have on hand is healthful. This way—even if you choose something a little greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still selecting foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are lots of things you can go after to become healthy. Not all of them require fancy gym memberships or restricted diets. You can do tiny things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being clever when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. Wanting to get in as much exercise as possible is another. Remember: being healthy isn’t just about reducing your weight. It has more to do with making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's chicken shish kebabs & tzatziki sauce recipe. To make mike's chicken shish kebabs & tzatziki sauce you only need 46 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce:
- Prepare of ● For The Meat.
- You need 3 Pounds of Fresh Chicken Breast [de-boned – fat trimmed – 1.5" cubed].
- Provide of ● For The Brine.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Sugar.
- Get 1/4 Cup of Salt.
- Prepare 6 Drops of Liquid Smoke [+ reserves for marinade].
- Get 1 tbsp of Granulated Onion Powder [+ reserves for marinade].
- Get 1 tbsp of Granulated Garlic Powder [+ reserves for marinade].
- You need 1 tbsp of Red Pepper Flakes [+ reserves for marinade].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning [+ reserves for marinade].
- Provide 1 tbsp of Ground Cumin [+ reserves for marinade].
- You need 1 tbsp of Ground Pepper [+ reserves for marinade].
- Provide 1 tbsp of Each Dried Cilantro, Dried Chives & Dried Parsley [+ reserves for marinade].
- You need 1 tbsp of Paprika [+ reserves for marinade].
- Take 1 tsp of Lemon Pepper [+ reserves for marinade].
- You need of ● For The Fresh Vegetables.
- Provide 3 of LG Vidalia Onions [quartered – reserve 1 for chicken scewers].
- Prepare 1 of Purple Onion [quartered].
- Provide 1 of LG Yellow Bell Pepper [1.5" chop].
- You need 1 of LG Red Bell Pepper [1.5" chop].
- You need 2 of LG Green Bell Peppers [1.5" chop].
- Use 2 Boxes of LG Mushrooms [left whole – white & brown].
- Get as needed of Fresh Cilantro Leaves [for serving].
- Get 1 of LG Zucchini [1.5" chop – optional].
- Prepare 1 of LG Eggplant [1.5" chop – optional].
- Get of ● For The Bread Options.
- Prepare as needed of LG Fresh Garlic Naan Bread.
- Provide as needed of LG Fresh Thick Flour Tortillas.
- Get of ● For The Tzatziki Sauce [DILL-ICIOUS!].
- Get 2 of EX LG Garden Cucumbers [peeled – de-seeded – shreaded].
- Use 1 tsp of Course Sea Salt [to help drain cucumber fluids].
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Fresh Dill [+ reserves for garnish].
- Take 24 oz of Fresh Sour Cream.
- Use 1/2 Cup of Fresh Greek Pain Yogurt.
- Take 1/4 tsp of White Pepper.
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fresh Lemon Juice [+ 1 tbsp Lemon Zest].
- Use 1 tbsp of Fresh Chives [minced].
- You need 1 of Small English Cucumber [for garnish].
- Prepare of ● For The Additions & Utensils.
- Use as needed of Olive Oil [for coating chicken].
- Use as needed of Pam Olive Oil Spray [for vegetables].
- Use as needed of Metal Scewers.
- You need as needed of Cheese Cloth.
- Prepare 2 of LG Serving Trays [to keep chicken separate from vegetables].
- Prepare 1 of Pair BBQ Tongs.
Instructions to make Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce:
- Two extra large 2 lb chicken breasts pictured below. ● Authors Note: When purchasing raw chicken, choose firm, never frozen, nicely pink colored, fat and bruise free, organic plump breasts for best results every time..
- Rinse your chicken and cut off anything unsightly. Place in a large bowl and fill with whole ice cubes..
- Heat up 3 cups water and add everything in the Brine section. Mix well and regularly until all salt and sugars are fully dissolved. Allow brine to cool off before adding it to your chicken and ice mixture..
- Mix brine with chicken and ice. Add enough ice cold water to fully cover chicken. You'll want your temperature consistently between 35° and 40°..
- Seal tightly and place in fridge for 4 hours minimum – 8 hours maximum..
- While waiting – create your Tzatziki Sauce. Peel, then half your cucumbers lengthwise. Spoon out all seeds and disgard them..
- Shread and place cucumbers in a strainer with 1 tsp course sea salt. Mix well. Let cucumbers set in the sink for at least an hour – stirring and pressing occasionally. The salt will help to sweat and drain the copious fluids within your cucumbers..
- Rinse, dry and chop your vegetables into 1.5" cuts. Try to be consistent with chop sizes for grilling continuity. ● Authors Note: When cleaning your mushrooms, gently wipe them down with a damp cloth or paper towel. If you rinse them under water, know they'll absorb all of that fluid and you'll end up with a soggy mushroom mess!.
- After an hour – place your shreaded cucumbers in [preferably] cheese cloth or, several sturdy clean paper towels. Squeeze tightly again and again until all fluids are strained. If not, you'll have a runny sauce. Add everything in the ● Tatziki Sauce section together, mix well and chill for an hour minimum. It's best at 2+ hours. Know that as it sits and chills in the fridge, it will take on another delicious flavor all together. Stir your sauce occasionally. Serves 10..
- Following brine – pull chicken from ice water, drain fluids and place in a dry bowl. Using paper towels, gently dab your chicken strips dry..
- ● Cut chicken breasts into 1.5" pieces. ● Place chicken back in bowl. ● Mix in just enough olive oil to fully coat chicken. Then, season [to taste] with your reserve spices listed above in the ● Brine section. ● Allow chicken pieces to marinate for an hour + in the fridge. I put mine into a Ziplock Bag for space sake but, it's your choice ● Stir or massage chicken occasionally. ● I'll marinate my chicken pieces overnight for fullest flavor..
- Feed your fresh garden vegetables onto your scewers..
- Lightly spray vegetables with an olive oil spray and season [to taste] with your reserve spices listed in the ● Brine section. Then, spray again to seal on dried seasonings..
- Thread your marinated chicken on to your metal scewers with a 1" piece of onion in between each chicken cube. This is an important step for #1: flavor and, #2: even grilling. Lightly season chicken again if desired..
- Clean, spray and fire up your grill..
- Ready your meat, vegetables and breads. Place your chicken on direct heat and your vegetables on the higher rack away from direct flames. ● Turn chicken regularly. Grill 20 minutes then, turn up the heat and char your chicken and vegetables. Know that brined meat is harder to char so, turn your heat up to at least 500°. Be careful not to burn..
- Meat on flames – veggies on top rack..
- Charred chicken and vegetables served in a large bowl. "communal style.".
- Extra large Garlic Naan Breads. They come 2 per pack. You'll need 5 packages. One per person should be enough to fill them up. Especially with a garden, or wedge side salad..
- Lightly spray your bread of choice on one side with spray Pam. To taste – lightly sprinkle on Cumin, Granulated Garlic and Onion Powder, Italian Seasoning and White Pepper. Then, spray again to seal in those delicious spices. Place on hot grill until bread is slightly charred. Charred, not burnt..
- Serve chicken and veggies hot on warmed, seasoned and charred Naan Bread. No garnishes are needed other than maybe some fresh Cilantro and of course, your creamy chilled Tzatziki Sauce. Oh, and you don't want to forget the ice cold beer! Enjoy!.
- It's so cool to get your kids to WANT to eat their veggies! Here's proof positive. My students wake at midnight only to reheat their Vegetarian Style Kebabs wrapped in warmed tortillas with their chilled Tzatziki Sauce! With that, GO TEAM MIKE!.
If you find this Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.