Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Green Tomato Dal / Thakallikai Kootu recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Green Tomato Dal / Thakallikai Kootu recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green And Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the environment. That has totally changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having difficulties, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the specialists, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some improvements. These types of changes need to start happening, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The cooking area is a good place to start saving energy by going a lot more green.
A large amount of electricity is consumed by freezers and also refrigerators, and it’s even worse if they are working inefficiently. If you’re in the market for a new one, the good news is that compared with models from 10 or more years ago, they use about 60% less energy. The correct temperature for food is 37F within the fridge and 0F in the freezer, and sticking to these will use much less electricity. You can easily cut down how often the motor has to run by regularly cleaning the condenser, which will save on electricity.
The kitchen by itself provides you with many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. It is pretty uncomplicated to live green, of course. It’s concerning being sensible, usually.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to green tomato dal / thakallikai kootu recipe. To cook green tomato dal / thakallikai kootu you only need 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Green Tomato Dal / Thakallikai Kootu:
- Use 300 grams of Green Tomato.
- Use 2 cups of Moong dal Cooked.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- Use 2 tbsps of toor dal.
- Get of rock salt.
- Use 1 tbsp of rasam powder / satthumadhu podi.
- Take 1 tsp of asafoetida / hing.
- You need 8 of chillies dry red.
- Take 30 grams of coconut grated.
- Get 1 tbsp of ghee butter / clarified.
- Take 1 tsp of mustard seed.
- Provide 1 tsp of white urad daal.
- Prepare of curry leaves.
Steps to make Green Tomato Dal / Thakallikai Kootu:
- Pressure cook the moong dal with required amount of water. Add little turmeric to this..
- Take a kadaai, and add a tablespoon of oil, and all the ingredients given under "for the paste", except coconut and rasam powder and saute them until they turn golden brown. While adding salt add it wisely, because we add salt to cook the tomatoes too..
- Take a blender jar and add the roasted ingredients with grated coconut and rasam powder, add little water and grind it to a smooth paste..
- Take a vessel / pot, keep it on low flame. Add 1 1/2 cups of water and add the chopped tomatoes. Add little salt..
- This takes about 6-7 minutes to cook. Stir the tomatoes while cooking them, do not mash them..
- Check if the tomatoes are cooked..
- Add the cooked dal to this and stir..
- Now add the ground paste to this and stir. Allow it to boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat..
- Take the same kadaai used to roast the ingredients for the paste for tempering. Add all the ingredients given under "tempering"..
- Add this tempering to the kootu..
- Serve it hot with plain white rice..
If you find this Green Tomato Dal / Thakallikai Kootu recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.