Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Capitol Hill Bean Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Capitol Hill Bean Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Selecting The Best Foods Will Help You Stay Fit And Also Healthy.
The one thing that some of you may already recognize is that by ingesting the right foods can have a substantial effect on your health. You should also understand that there are foods that you’ll want to avoid at all costs and that would be almost all food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. These types of foods are filled with bad fat and also have little or no nutritional value. That is why we are going to be going over the foods that you should be ingesting that will have a positive effect on your health.
Although most of you have been told again and again that vegetables are good for you, and there is a really good reason why. Potassium is amongst the things that you will find in various vegetables, not to mention they also contain many different vitamins and minerals you will additionally need. You will recognize that one of the veggies we are referring to is broccoli, which is loaded with potassium. You will additionally discover that a salad, made with spinach as opposed to lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients.
For people who want to begin living a healthier life the tips above can help you do that. Also if you remove all the processed foods that you shouldn’t be eating anyway, you will probably find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to capitol hill bean soup recipe. To make capitol hill bean soup you need 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Capitol Hill Bean Soup:
- Get 1 pound of dried white navy beans, sorted of debris and rinsed.
- Use 1 of (about 1-lb.) ham bone or uncured ham hock (I used the center bone with lots of meat from the ham dinner we had the day before).
- Get 2 1/2 quarts of water (10 cups).
- Prepare 1 of large russet potato (about 8 oz.).
- Prepare 3 cups of chopped celery (about 6 stalks).
- You need 3 cups of chopped yellow onion (about 3 medium onions).
- Prepare 1-3 of Garlic clove, minced.
- Get 3 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- Get 3/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Get 1/4 cup of chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley.
Steps to make Capitol Hill Bean Soup:
- Place beans in a Dutch oven or large casserole; add water to cover, and soak 8 hours or overnight. Drain beans. Add ham bone and water. Cover and bring to a boil over high; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 1 hour..
- Rinse potato; pierce with a fork, and wrap potato in a paper towel. Microwave on HIGH until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes; peel and mash potato. Stir potato, celery, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper into bean mixture; simmer over medium-low until beans are tender, about 1 hour..
- Remove ham bone from Dutch oven, and let stand until cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard bone and fat; dice meat, and stir into bean mixture. Top each serving with chopped parsley.
If you find this Capitol Hill Bean Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.