Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Spiced monkfish recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spiced monkfish recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Will Save You Dollars.
Remember when the only people who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers as well as hippies? That has totally changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the industry experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some improvements. These kinds of changes need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Read on for some methods to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, especially if they are not running as efficiently as they should. If you might be in the market for a new one, the good news is that compared with models from 10 or more years ago, they use about 60% less electricity. Maintaining the temperature of the fridge at 37F, coupled with 0F for the freezer, will save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. Checking that the condenser is definitely clean, which means that the motor needs to work less often, will also save electricity.
The kitchen by itself gives you many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. Environmentally friendly living is not really that difficult. Typically, all it will take is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spiced monkfish recipe. To make spiced monkfish you only need 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spiced monkfish:
- Prepare 1 of monkfish tail fillet per person (scale up the other ingredients if cooking for more than 2).
- You need 1 tsp of Korean chili powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of turmeric (or 2 tsp curry powder instead of the two spices).
- Get 1 tsp of paprika.
- Get 1/2 tsp of fine salt.
- Get 1 of shallot, finely diced.
- Get 2 tbsp. of butter.
- Provide 1 pinch of saffron.
- You need of about 50ml veg stock made with a stock cube or fresh.
- Use 2 tbsp. of crème fraiche.
- Use 1 of little chopped parsley.
Instructions to make Spiced monkfish:
- Monkfish needs firming up before cooking, otherwise it releases a lot of water whilst cooking. Sprinkle the fillets generously with rock salt, chill for at least half an hour then rinse off the salt and pat dry..
- Cut the fish into scallop-sized chunks. Mix the spices and salt together and dip the monkfish pieces in the mix..
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat, add the monkfish pieces, the diced shallot and cook for a minute. Sprinkle the saffron over the dish and turn the monkfish pieces.
- Add splash alcohol – gin/white wine.
- Turn the heat up, add the crème fraiche and the stock and bubble away for another 1-2 minutes. Transfer to serving bowls or dishes and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve with plain rice..
If you find this Spiced monkfish recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.