Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Basic Pie Dough (Voitaikina in Finnish) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Basic Pie Dough (Voitaikina in Finnish) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a nutritious and balanced diet and get a proper workout regularly. Sadly, there isn’t often enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. At the end of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be a chore. With practice you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some basic ways to get healthful.
Water is the most effective beverage out there. Having a soda or cup of coffee once in awhile won’t hurt you too badly. Using them for your lone source of hydration, conversely, is dumb. When you choose water over other beverages you are helping your body remain very healthy and hydrated. Doing this helps you cut hundreds of calories out of your diet without your having to suffer through a bunch of gross diet food. Water is ordinarily one of the keys to really slimming down and becoming really healthy.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get wholesome. Extensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the solution. It is the little things you choose day after day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Being intelligent about the choices you make each day is a start. Looking to get in as much physical exercise as possible is another. Remember: being healthy and balanced isn’t just about slimming down. You want your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to basic pie dough (voitaikina in finnish) recipe. To make basic pie dough (voitaikina in finnish) you only need 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Basic Pie Dough (Voitaikina in Finnish):
- Use of (A).
- Prepare 500 grams of Flour (all-purpose flour).
- Provide 1/2 tbsp of Salt.
- Take of (B).
- You need 250 ml of Cold water.
- Provide 50 grams of Liquid margarine (melted butter).
- Provide of (C).
- You need 300 grams of Margarine or butter.
- You need 1 of Flour for dusting.
Instructions to make Basic Pie Dough (Voitaikina in Finnish):
- About the ingredients: You can use a mixture of cake and strong bread flour in place of all-purpose flour. Adjust the amount of salt if using salted butter. If unsalted, use about 10 g of salt..
- Combine the (A) ingredients in a large bowl, and thoroughly mix. Create a well in the middle of the mixture. Pour in the (B) ingredients. Stir the dry ingredients, as if tossing them from the bottom of the bowl, covering the moist sections. Repeat this until the dough becomes crumbly. Do not knead..
- Once it has reached an even crumbly texture, bring it together into a ball, and wrap in plastic wrap. Let it chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. By making a cross in the top, as shown in the photo, it will chill more evenly, and will make it easy to roll out into a square..
- Pound down the butter from the (C) ingredients with a rolling pin, and roll it into an 8-mm thick square. This step is easier if you sandwich the butter in plastic wrap or put it in a vinyl bag. Chill this in the refrigerator..
- Roll out the dough from the A and B ingredients, place butter on top as shown, then fold in the corners as though wrapping the butter. Cover the butter completely, without allowing any to show, then even out the thickness by pounding with a rolling pin..
- [Fold the dough into fourths] Using a rolling pin, roll the butter-wrapped dough into a long rectangle. To fold the dough into fourths, bring both ends to meet in the center, then fold it in half, as shown. Wrap in plastic wrap, then chill in refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes..
- Fold the dough into thirds: Roll the long dough even longer, then fold into thirds (rotating the dough 90°). Wrap in plastic wrap, then chill in refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes again..
- Repeat Step 6 and 7, chilling in between, which will make a total of 144 layers (4 x 3 x 4 x 3 = 144). After the 3rd or 4th time rolling the dough, the butter will start to stick out, so be sure to dust your working surface well with flour, and shake off any excess..
- The dough is ready. It will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. Use it for making Christmas tarts, quiches, or other dishes..
- Addendum: The best way to get a nice crisp crust is to bake the chilled dough at a high temperature (over 200℃) and for a short time! Depending on your type of refrigerator, you may not be able to chill the dough thoroughly enough in just 20 or 30 minutes. In that case, it might be best to let it chill in the freezer..
If you find this Basic Pie Dough (Voitaikina in Finnish) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.