Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Channa Masala (Indian chickpea with gravvy) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Channa Masala (Indian chickpea with gravvy) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Channa Masala (Indian chickpea with gravvy) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all realize that, in order to really be healthy, nutritious and balanced meal plans are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t always enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. At the conclusion of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. A delicious, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be irritating. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some ideas to be as healthy as possible.
Choose water over other products. Soda and coffee, when used in moderation, aren’t that bad. Getting all your hydration from them is a awful idea. When you decide on water over other beverages you are helping your body stay very healthy and hydrated. Doing this helps you cut hundreds of calories out of your diet without your having to suffer through a bunch of gross diet food. Water is often the key to successful weight reduction and healthfulness.
There are all sorts of things that you can do to get healthy. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or limited diets. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Make sensible choices every day is a great start. Wanting to get in as much physical exercise as possible is another. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. You want your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to channa masala (indian chickpea with gravvy) recipe. To cook channa masala (indian chickpea with gravvy) you need 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Channa Masala (Indian chickpea with gravvy):
- Get 1 cup of White chickpeas.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 large of bay leaf or a stig of curry leaves.
- You need 1/4 cup of Tomato puree, try to use fresh.
- Provide 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Use 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Use 1 of green chilly or jalepeno chopped.
- Take 1 tbsp of oil.
- Get 1 of Salt to taste (i use a little more than 1tsp).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Water for gravvy. You can also use coconut milk.
Instructions to make Channa Masala (Indian chickpea with gravvy):
- soak chickpeas overnight in water.
- Pressure cook the chickpeas until soft for a couple of whistles.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add ginger and bay leaf or curry leaves and saute for few seconds. Then add tomato puree, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilly powder, garam masala n pepper and saute till tomatoes are cooked and soft..
- To this add cooked chickpeas, salt and water (or coconut milk) and stir. Simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occassionally. Dont let it dry up, let there be some gravvy…
- Turn off heat and transfer to a serving plate. Add lemon juice and chillies/ jalapenos..
- you can also garnish with chopped corriander leaves before serving..
- Goes well with all kind of breads esp indian breads like Naan, batura (fried bread) etc or even rice.
If you find this Channa Masala (Indian chickpea with gravvy) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.