Steps to Prepare Speedy Vickys Cottage Pie with a Twist GF DF EF SF NF
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Vickys Cottage Pie with a Twist GF DF EF SF NF recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vickys Cottage Pie with a Twist GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green And Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only men and women who cared about the natural environment were tree huggers along with hippies? Those days are over, and it appears we all comprehend our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some improvements. Each and every family should start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they must do this soon. The kitchen area is a good place to begin saving energy by going much more green.
Even though it may not taste as good, baking food in the microwave as an alternative to in the oven will save you a packet of money. Maybe the realization that an oven utilizes 75% more energy will motivate you to use the microwave more. When it pertains to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save a great deal of electrical power and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. Many people incorrectly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses a lesser amount of energy than a dishwasher. You get the maximum energy savings by fully loading the dishwasher ahead of commencing a wash cycle. By cool drying or air drying the dishes besides heat drying them, you can add to the amount of money you save.
From the above it really should be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. Efficient living is definitely something we can all perform, without difficulty. Mostly, all it will take is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys cottage pie with a twist gf df ef sf nf recipe. You can have vickys cottage pie with a twist gf df ef sf nf using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Cottage Pie with a Twist GF DF EF SF NF:
- Prepare of oil.
- You need of turkey, chicken or pork mince.
- Prepare of large sweet potatoes, cut into even pieces.
- Get of large onion, finely diced.
- Take of chicken stock for turkey mince, ham stock for pork mince.
- Provide of garden peas.
- Prepare of large diced carrot.
- Get of oregano.
- You need of tomato puree.
- Take of cornflour / cornstarch.
- You need of salt & pepper to season the potato.
Instructions to make Vickys Cottage Pie with a Twist GF DF EF SF NF:
- In a saucepan, brown the mince in the oil then drain.
- To the mince add the onions and fry until almost done, then add the stock, peas, carrots and oregano. Cover and let simmer on a low heat. The longer you leave it the more tender the mince will be. I leave mine a good few hours before starting the potatoes.
- In another pan, boil the sweet potatoes in enough water to cover them for around 15 minutes.
- When the sweet potatoes are soft, drain them, mash and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the carrots have cooked through, stir in the tomato puree and flour to thicken the gravy.
- Now there are two options. You can layer the mince on the bottom of a casserole dish, top with the mash, and bake for 15 minutes at gas mark 6 / 200C / 400°F to crisp the top of the potatoes, or you can just serve with the potatoes spooned on top or on the side. My kids like theirs baked in individual ramekins, they think it's special that way!.
If you find this Vickys Cottage Pie with a Twist GF DF EF SF NF recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.