Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Healthy oatmeal cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Healthy oatmeal cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for this. There are a number of health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. In all probability, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, however, merely making some modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food since it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? One heart-healthy option that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. If this is not to your liking on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to healthy oatmeal cookies recipe. To make healthy oatmeal cookies you need 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Healthy oatmeal cookies:
- Take 1 1/4 cup of oats.
- Provide 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Provide 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of applesauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted.
- Provide 1 of large egg.
- Get 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of honey.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of raisins.
- Take 1/4 cup of walnuts or pecans, well chopped.
Steps to make Healthy oatmeal cookies:
- Whisk flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt together..
- In another bowl, combine the applesauce, butter, egg, vanilla extract and honey..
- Combine the wet ingredients with flour mix. Fold in chocolate chips, walnuts and raisins. The mixture will be wet the sticky. Place the batter in the fridge for 30 minutes or upto 3 days..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the parchment paper on the baking sheet. Remove the dough from the fridge and drop the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls spacing it out to 1 inch. Gently flatten the balls with the fingers to be about 3/4 inch thick..
- Bake the cookies until golden and firm, for about 10-15 minutes. Once done let them cool for few minutes before transferring them and enjoy a healthy snack..
If you find this Healthy oatmeal cookies recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.